Net Gone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Net Gone

Net Gone

My Windows laptop no longer allows me to connect to the 'net. I can dial-up and connect to the LAN, and a connection is established both times. However, nothing goes through the tunnel.

I've scanned for viruses, worms, malware, re-installed the OS....nothing seems to work. Everything is configured right, and none of us have been able to figure it out. All protocols have been re-installed as well, firewalls were taken down just in case....

If you guys can't figure it out, I'm re-formatting my Windows box. Its currently running XP Pro, BTW.

The MS GITM doesn't like me right now.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

My friend said to check your firewall settings. Even if it was taken down, something can be active and causing a conflict. He has seen it many times. What firewall were you using? Have you tried uninstalling it and restarting?

Can we get some insight into your AV software and Firewall software?

What exactly do you mean that you dial up and connect to your LAN?

You using a VPN?
    =

are you dialing into a RAS server or you computer on the network?
    does "both times" mean your accessing the internet to attach to a VPN?
    Have you ever had an internet connection using this method

sorry cheyenne1212 your post wasn't there when i was started trynig to figure out what he meant.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I mis-spoke, apparently....I try both dialing up AND connecting to the LAN. Both give me the same results...
    www.ADigitalPimp.com

try checking youre proxy settings, sometimes when you mess up in there it conects to the internet but it doesn't allow traffic

define net

Are you just looking in the webbrowser, or are you trying to ping ip #'s, could be that your dns is messed up.

Had this happen on my laptop once. It was caused by the McAfee firewall. I got it to work once by restoring to an earlier date, but that was only temporary, and even after I un installed the McAfee firewall the problem persisted. I finially had to reformate and re install.
    Later I found out I could have edited the registry and fixed the problem. Sorry, since I reinstalled, I did not research what part of the registry to edit.
    Hope this helps to solve your problem.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Checked all of that, none of it was the case, re-installed OS, nothing...all proxies, network settings, everything was set right. Re-formatted and installed, works perfect.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com

Sometimes thats what it takes to fix windows.
    lol
    =