Thread: send wrong email

send wrong email

hi,
    i have a question.. if i accidentally send an email with a wrong attachment file.. how can i retrieve it back.. as in cancel the email.. pls help..
    BlAcKiE
    GearBlitz

You can't, if the email is already sent. You can just send another mail with the correct attachment, such a big problem if that person reads/opens that wrong attachment?
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

if it is a problem i suggest you contact them and warn them....then just send a new one..

i find it no point, because if u send some sensitive data file over.. u canot control ppl cannot see the file right.
    BlAcKiE
    GearBlitz

Hi Penguin, have you thought about putting a disclaimer on your out going e-mail. It does not stop the person from reading the e-mail but it may help resolve some legal issues with misdirected e-mails (although I don't know if it's ever been tested in the courts).

This is an example of our disclaimer:

---------------------------------------- IMPORTANT NOTICE------------------- ------------------------------

Computer viruses can be transmitted via E-Mail. Recipients should check this E-Mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The sender and CompanyA Inc. accept no liability for any damage caused by a virus or otherwise by the transmittal of this E-Mail.

This E-Mail transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this E-Mail by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and is not intended to, in anyway, waive privilege or confidentiality. If you have received this E-Mail in error please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above E-Mail address.

----------------------------------------- IMPORTANT NOTICE ------------------------------------------------
    Just an Idea.

Cheers:
    DjM