Thread: Extra 'precautions'?

Extra 'precautions'?

Is there any extra precautions i can take to make sure my CPU doesnt get hacked?..
    im not too concerned..but just in case..

thnx

(p.s) im sill trying to fit in here...so gimme some slack..im trying to figure everything out..

Just Another Geek
    Just the basic stuff. Keep your system up2date with windows update. Install a firewall and a virusscanner and keep those up2date too.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

make sure your tower dosn't somehow get in the path of a broad blade sword?

There are plenty of tutorials on this site about securing your machine, the basics are:
    1. Disable any unnecessary services.
    2. Make sure your machine is updated with all critical patches.
    3. Make sure you have an anti-virus (with updated definition set)
    4. Have a firewall (and configure it correctly, having all ports open dosn't do anything)
    5. The last and most important thing is having common sense.

DeafLamb

broad blade sword???

hacking the CPU, one dosn't normally hack the CPU. CPU stands for Central Processing Unit, it's the chip inside your box that performs the mathmatic operations of your computer (along with many other chips) Unless you are using an extremely low level programming language such as assembler your not "hacking the CPU" your hacking the Operating system, the webserver, the SQL server, etc....

Many people confuse calling the their computer tower a CPU, when in reality the CPU is just a chip that makes up a part of the entire computer. So to hack the CPU I would use a broad blade sword

DeafLamb

thnx for the heads up...but wait...in most computer games..it says "human against Human OR human Against CPU"...????

Yes that would be correct, the CPU is the brain of the computer so to speak. There for the CPU is deciding what the game is doing, sort of.

oooohhh...gotchya...thnx...hey..you know anything about making flash movies or games?

cause if you do..could you make one for me?