Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Physical" DoS?

Originally posted here by Syini666
    Also during one of the last big MS vuln/virus incidents so many people were calling in for help that the system quit accepting new calls into the quene.
    Especially since the email addresses were spoofed to come from support@microsoft.com
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

That was pretty funny, but man, I thought I had a lot of time on my hands!
    3 Easy Steps To Fixing Windows (Permanently!)
    1) Insert Linux Installation CD (Any Distro)
    2) Read Included Documentation on \"Installing\"
    3) Install Linux

mm might keep that for my Ex,dial a smile??? lol

This is just like something a school in our district did for a senior prank. Some guys put an ad in the newspaper saying something like, "If you are reading this ad, be the first to call this number (###-###-####) and win a thousand dollars! If you cant get through, call this number (### ### ####) for the second place 500$ prize! Brought to you by (some freeservers website, that looked pretty professional)

The numbers were for a rival school's attendance office. Never heard if they got caught or not.

That was quite amusing.

You could do something like that if you had a wardialer dialing the same number over and over during the night. Just imagine how annoying and irriated the recipient would get.
    Note: "Do Not" try the above it will get you into a lot of trouble. It's just an example nothing more.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Actually I came across a tool like that once... You'd be paging all pagers in the area with a number, and most people would call back... especially if done late at night! I didn't pull off anything like that, this came in the instructions manual :P [I know, very skiddish piece of software]
    /\\

There is an old program called ToneLoc [ ToneLocator ] which basically is used to dial a range of telephone numbers, and find numbers that are answered by a computer modem. But you can also get other war dialers which you have to pay and are far more sophisticated. Phone Sweep and Telesweep are two of them if I am correct but these are usually used by large businesses since they are very expensive.

If you thought that story of the cops was funny read this story:

Posted by michael on Tuesday April 15, @06:24PM
    from the click-here-to-unsubscribe dept.
    Phronesis writes "Bruce Schneier reports in Crypto-Gram about the slashdot-inspired Post-office DOS attack on SPAM-king Alan Ralsky. More interesting, Schneier writes, is a recent paper on Defending against an internet-based attack on the physical world, which generalizes this attack and discusses how it could be automated and how one might defend against it (you can't stop it, but you could make it harder to effect). From the abstract of the article: 'The attack is, to some degree, a consequence of the availability of private information on the Web, and the increase in the amount of personal information that users must reveal to obtain Web services.'"
    Well guess he got what he deserved didn't he ???
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

ah this is a nice thing he did i mean you musta admit he did create that one never heard of such attack but eh like year ago i had a chance to see source code of a famous

Fb = Frozen Bot by lynx that kid is arrested now he did made a lil dialer ... for an irc bot so he infected one of my honeypots .. so i was monitoring him by a simple command .dial he would make all the bots in that irc chanel dial the number and as i saw he was prety happy with it coz it was blocking the line

no wonder he is in jail now

ps sorry for spelling mestakes
    Un Seen But Well Heard Of

wow thats great, what a smart man!!! thats halarious, rofl ahahahahahaha sry still laughing- Good post very interesting