PatchManagement.org

Thread: PatchManagement.org

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar

PatchManagement.org

When patches are released, depending on the severity level the vendor has assigned the vulnerability, network and security administrators run around in a chaotic frenzy trying to implement the patch across their environments as quickly as possible. At times, patches may have errors themselves or react with certain applications or configurations in a way that may cause system crashes or other problems. Instead of facing these issues alone you can sign up for the PatchManagement.org mailing list. According to the charter posted on their web site:

The PatchManagement.org mailing list is the industry's first discussion list dedicated to discussing security patch management topics. This list discusses the how-to's and why's of security patch management across a broad spectrum of Operating Systems, Applications, and Network Devices. This list is meant as an aid to network and systems administrators and security professionals who are responsible for maintaining the security posture of their hosts and applications.
    To sign up for this list click here: PatchManagement.org

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I wonder how long before someone starts bitching about the patch management by MS into that list? Sounds interesting. Perhaps they might be able to use the list to discuss ways to create a better patch management system since present ones leave a lot to be desired in long term functionality (big reliance on admin being aware and that the patch has been sufficiently tested).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    I wonder how long before someone starts bitching about the patch management by MS into that list? Sounds interesting. Perhaps they might be able to use the list to discuss ways to create a better patch management system since present ones leave a lot to be desired in long term functionality (big reliance on admin being aware and that the patch has been sufficiently tested).
    I am subscribed to the list (for the last couple of days), and they have been bitching about MS patch management. There are a lot of solutions offered by all the members though. Its a good list. Creates about as much email as BUgtraq though.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)