Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: net send command

Question net send command

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DELETE MESSAGES THAT I'VE SENT FROM MY COMPUTER? I USED TO BE ABLE TO SHUT DOWN OR RESTART & THEY WOULD GO AWAY BUT AS OF LATELY THEY HAVE BEEN HANGING AROUND! AND YES THIS IS AT MY PLACE OF BUSINESS !!

ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

THANKS

First off dude, it isn't necessary to type your message in all caps. If anything, it will tick people off and ticked off people aren't helpful.

Getting to your question, what do you mean by delete? When I send a net send message, I can't find a trace of it. When I receive one, a record is written to the event log. Please explain the problem with a few more details.
    \"When you say best friends, it means friends forever\" Brand New
    \"Best friends means I pulled the trigger
    Best friends means you get what you deserve\" Taking Back Sunday
    Visit alastairgrant.ca

If your using a firewall, cant you just block the IP thats sending this to you?

net send (cont)

the computer that i send msgs on keeps them in a drop down menu box. when i go to start,run, & type in my "net send blah bla blah" i can see every last msg i've sent to someone & i just want to delete them.

and as for the typing in all caps nothing was meant by that..it was to stress my frustration if anything!!

Just Another Geek
    Open regedt32 and surf to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU

and remove all the values.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You aren't using the standard Net Send command line function. You are using some third party software to manage it. Uninstall it or stop using it and the messages will go away.

Now, of course, if you have been sending suggestive messages to "dirty Gertie" in Receiving and she is pitching a bitch fit and you can't find a way to uninstall the application then you have a teeny problem......

Then again, since the popup will show in Gertie's event log if logging is turned on then you have a bigger problem still......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

It sounds like you are just wanting to clear the history of the run command. To do this you can either use the reg key mentioned above, or if it is 2k or XP right click on the start bar and select properties. Then select the advanced tab, and hit the clear button. Do note that this will also clear your recently used documents history as well.

if you open a cmd prompt and do net sends instead of just typing them in 'run' this wont happen. convience isn't always the most pleasant choice.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Talking net send thank u!

mohaughn you have made my day!! it worked!! now i got 1 more question : let's say when i right click on that start task bar & get an error msg concerning restrictions on the computer & basically it won't allow me to get to the advanced tab.

what then?

Just Another Geek
    You should still be able to remove the values in the registrykeys I mentioned before.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.