problem

Thread: problem

problem

is there any one who is using the sygate personal firewall pro.
    i am getting problem in that way that i got the message that

Unsolicited incoming ARP reply detected, this is a kind of MAC spoofing that may consequently do harm to your computer.

Packet data is shown in the right window.
    0000: 44 45 53 54 00 00 20 53 : 52 43 00 00 08 06 00 01 | DEST.. SRC......
    0010: 08 00 06 04 00 02 20 53 : 52 43 00 00 CF 44 B9 3A | ...... SRC...D.:
    0020: 44 45 53 54 00 00 CA B3 : 9A 90 00 54 7E 2D 26 3D | DEST.......T~-&=
    0030: E8 00 FB D0 00 04 30 00 : | ......0.
    plz is there any one who can help me out to solve the problem as i am getting this message again and again.
    bye

I am also using sygate personal firewall pro and I also often get the same message as you when I am loading and checking proxies and when browsing some websites.
    This is what I found from its help file:

Enable anti-MAC spoofing
    By default, this option is enabled on the Personal Firewall. Some hackers use MAC spoofing to attempt to hijack a communication session between two computers in order to hack one of the machines. MAC (media access control) addresses are hardware addresses that identify computers, servers, routers, etc. When Computer A wishes to communicate with Computer B, it may send an ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) packet to the computer.

The anti-MAC spoofing feature allows incoming and outgoing ARP traffic only if an ARP request was made to that specific host. It blocks all other unexpected ARP traffic and logs it in the security log.

thanx for the reply it means i should not worry about it or should i do some measures if yes then what r those. second i dont know about positive or negative points as i am new to this forum kindly if u can explain me i ll be thankful.

Originally posted here by unilpentium
    second i dont know about positive or negative points as i am new to this forum kindly if u can explain me i ll be thankful.
    Although they are a little out of date. The FAQ's should be able to answer most of your questions about antipoints.

Cheers:
    DjM