Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help installing Linux

ARRRRGGGGGG.. I am newbie here me cry when I find out that I CAN NOT GET MY LINUX IUNSTALL ON BECUASE OF GEFORCE FX.. or at least i think it's the fx card please help to say the least Linux 9 and i borrowed the disks from Undee so i is new.
    Athlon 2600 MSI KT4Ultra-Fisr2, 1 Gb DDR 333mhz, 80Gb wd Winxp boot, 290Gb WD linux boot of secondary master, Geforece FX 5200 64 mb MSI bran.. help...please??

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I seperated this post out from the tutorial so that people can help better. Which distro are you referring to? RedHat? Mandrake?

You said you borrowed the disks. Are they originals or burned copies? What error exactly do you get?

A little more clearer information would be helpful.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

hehe.... I feel your pain. After working through various distros, trying to get them to work, redhat was the first one that my limited knowledge and the install procedures jelled together, and it worked (almost) flawlessly..I have a geoforce also, not exactly the same specs, but I had no issues...

Deferring back to Mittens, what is the error you are getting? Are you using the custom install, or automatic?

I ran into issues with the video card as well. I was running a Radeon 7500 and the X server kept trying to send the output through the digital port instead of the analog. Odd problem. What I would advise is to just configure the video card after the installation. I don't know if you have the option due to the uncertainty of your distribution.

More info please.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

k sorry guys was a little disorientated when I posted my thready thing

It's red hat linux 9
    and the problem isn't with geforce cards but more i believe with the fx series although I am sure I could get another monitor and a tv to check all my outputs,

We stil need to know what it is doing before we can help....flickering screen, error codes...?

hmm, maybe i should sleep like sometime before work.

Sorry again.

The monitor loses signal.

I've tried this on two monitor's both of witch where picked up correctly during the hardwareconfigeration

i have told the install it was non specified vga card

OK so I'm getting the feeling nobody wants to answer me or nobody knows.... if nobody knows then how can anyone be experienced in linux.?? Of course I should probably quit this childish pointless rant and go and googlise it.

nope linux sux..

Dum dum dum dum dum

Goodnight