Kill certain Process?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill certain Process?

Kill certain Process?

ok i was wondering how i could kill a certain process in windows just by pressing a "hot key", exactly what i want to use this for is to kill the process hl.exe, its half-life. sometimes my parents say i play CS too much and i have to do something else, but i want to keep playin. so i was wondering if there was a way so if i was playin and i heard them comming i could press like F12 real quick and it will killl hl.exe so they dont catch me playin it. =D just wondering if this was possible, thx for the help

Token drunken Irish guy
    Well if you use XP you can press the Windows key+L and itsa goes to your log in screen.

That comes in handy for me when Im playing...em...games...

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    If you're playing CS I'll help.... If not....

That was a joke..... Honestly though, look at it from the other point of view. Your parents care enough to know what you are doing and seem to believe that you are doing one thing too much. But note: They care.

They want you to do well and, frankly, playing HL when they are expecting you to be using that internet connection for learning isn't bad of them or a bad thing in general.

Don't get me wrong.... I love my CS and I'm 45 years old..... But there are other things.... You need to pay attention to them too.... When you have those other things "down" then it's HL time......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

wow thx d00d, i knew bout windows key +L+L, but yai thx man im off to cs again,

appreciated

Tiger I do good in school, i have a 3.95 GPA =D and i do all my homework, i dunno i guess i could get a g/f? but who needs em rofl thx for the heads up though man

Token drunken Irish guy
    Well there are way's of killing of processes but I'm not sure they'd be as quick as the simple windows key+l tip.

Good luck anyway.

You may want to try using http://www.bb4win.org/news.php with it you can have virtual desktops, i don't play cs but you may well be able to flip to another desktop with "work stuff" already open for show. It works with some games but it has not been something i have explored (try the bb4win forum?)
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    windows +m will minimize it... that would at least get it off the screen so unless your parents look at the task bar, they will not know. Just make sure you have something else in the background (like have a google search for something for a physics class or something) so that it looks like you are being productive when they walk in.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Try getting a hotkey program?
    http://www.freewarehome.com/System_U...d_Tools_t.html

If your using windows xp, when you press control + alt + delete the task manager window should automaticly hide whatever is on your screen and go on top.

wow thanks much guys! you guys are awsome, you reply so fast. i like posted this and within 30 min i had about 5 replies!! i appreciate all the links, tips. thx so much