When You Just Don't Know

Thread: When You Just Don't Know

Banned

When You Just Don't Know

Can someone please help me, I want to stop using windows Operating System, but before I do that, I need to know how to share the computer that has red hat 9.0, that i also want it to be my network router .....

Sharing as in... what? If you mean getting access to files on that computer, the whole point of linux is to allow multi-user access. Set up telnet/ssh and you should be able to log into that box without major problems [do secure it well enough so your network router doesn't become some skid's whore]. Or, for only file access, ftp would do it.

If there's something else you had in mind... please be a little bit more specific.
    /\\

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I think he needs to use squid because he wants to set up the RH box as an internet sharing device, but I might be wrong.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    I have a small network of three computer, one has window 2000 pro, the 2nd has redhat 7.2 and the third one has a dual boot with window 2000 pro and redhat 9.0. The pc that has the dual boot is the one that i use as the router to share the internet, files,etc. But i like the way linux runs is a more of a smood system to me, what i want to do is share the network: internet, files through redhat 9.0............ Can anyone help

Use Samba for the file/print sharing. For interent, you need to enable IP masquerading and setup your route tables. Do a google search to learn more. You can also try at : http://www.linuxdoc.org