Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Virus or Hoax

I wrote a virus that flushes your toilets and drinks all your orange juice. True story, wrote it in VB...

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    Oxygen, You could also check Symantec's list of hoax e-mails as a precaution. It's not a means to all ends but, it's a start. Good Luck.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Originally posted here by Soda_Popinsky
    I wrote a virus that flushes your toilets and drinks all your orange juice. True story, wrote it in VB...
    wrote it in VB... ......Don't you mean V8.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

yes SirDice...its does say to send it to everyone in the add book.......

I have never heard of any virus that will affect your comp by just adding a user to the buddy list......so just wanted to make sure with you guys.......

Thanks for all the replies ......

well nihil......i finished my beers after ur heads up....... so i think m safe in that area......:-)

Soda_Popinski,

You really must STOP reading Ali1's "tutorials".........hey you have kicked the "beer", "bourbon", the "coke" the "snow".....drive by's and all that fun.

Don't flush the toilets! we spent a lot of money on that environmentally unsound coloured stuff in there!

Hang in with the main crowd huh?

Cheers

Check any of the Standard Hoax sites:

Vmyths
    Virus Hoaxes
    Urban Legends

or check the AV companies listed here
    And What are the current threats? Same Site

Oh and if all else fails www.google.com

As for virii that force "Spin Cycle of Death" Did exist in the pre 640Mb days (only some brands of drive.. not sure now it may have even been pre IDE)..
    Malware that Cleans your HDD..Well how about some of the oldies, chernobyl virii.. a format wasn't a cure for this one.. it didn't clean the drive.. but it was a pain in the arse. Forget some of the others , but any script kiddy site will give you a tutorial on scripts and code to re-write the partition table and the MBR on DOS/Windaz systems..
    Even as recentlly as pre SP1 for xp you could delete selected Folders or files on a users computer just with a URL.. But delete was one of the reported functions..

Cheers
    (Dirty) Undies
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I find it amusing that people don't think a virus can wipe your hard drive..
    #1 not all virus' are written to get open security holes, certain malicious individuals just want to make my life difficult (Ever told an already PO'd customer his data is irretrevable unless he wants to pay upwards of $80 an hour to get it done.)
    #2 it can be done therefore people will for it, jesus even a script could do it... I remember the old day's of IRC there was a rumour about it, dun know if it was true but in theory it could be done..