system stats help

Thread: system stats help

Question system stats help

quick question about using kde...i see all these screen shots of peoples desktops and they have the regular Kmenu bar at the bottom, but the have a second bar on the left or right with all thier system statistics, such as cpu usage, mem usage, and incoming/outgoing network traffic, i have tried in vein to find anything about this application on the net, could somone please point me in the right direction, i would really like to set something like this up..i have attached a pic with what im talking about

On mine, I click on the toolbar at the bottom, then click on new panel....then add what you want.

It's called GKrellM. Should be available in package form for almost every distro.
    http://web.wt.net/~billw/gkrellm/gkrellm.html

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

It's KSim basically.

Open the little hooskerdoo.

System Tools>More System Tools>KSim

That's how it is on mine (RH 9).

It looks a little different than whatever the other one was, but it does the same thing.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

thanks guys, that helps a lot, but now im having another problem, im having trouble installing the newer version of gaim...it says that glib 2 is not installed or incorrectly installed even though i have downloaded it, configured it and installed it!! same goes for when i attempt to intall Gkrellm, what gives? and when i attempt to run .rpm files, i see this window pop up saying it is configuring my system then a few seconds later it dissappears, so i have no idea whether anything happend!...help! im confused
    speak your mind becuase those who matter don\'t mind and those who mind don\'t matter