Thread: How to preview php files in windows

How to preview php files in windows

Anyone here know any program that I can use to preview php files on my windows without uploading it to a server. Thanks!

Previewing? You can just install a server on your own box: http://www.apache.org/ for example
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

an easier way of setting up a server to test your own work on would be to get phptriad - it comes with apache/php/mySQL all bundled together - you might need to update the php to most recent version but thats not hard to do

v_Ln

As el-half and val have mentioned, you could install a server on your computer. You'd have to have the PHP interpreter installed with a web browser in order to preview any PHP scripts (or just the PHP interpreter if you're running from the command line). I don't know of any GUI tools that will open a PHP script and preview the results without the script residing on a server, whether it be a local or remote location.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Dead Man Walking
    To imrpove slightly on what valhallen said phpdev would be the way to go. It is more up to date. http://www.firepages.com.au/devindex.htm theres the link for it.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I personally run iis, php 4, and mysql on my windows xp dev box. Works fine for me and testing my php scripts.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    yeah x, you mean like that page you keep trying to get to work right that we keep seeing in IRC

haha, just kidding.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I actually got it to work finally. I think those bastards at my hosting company throttled my cpu usage. LMAO

They can't handle the power of my graphic php scripts