Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: firewall failed

hello

i already did what i wanted, removed tcp/ip to the network card, removed ipx in the internet card... disable netbios in tcp/ip and enabled it in ipx, now everything is secure and gaming works, great.

by the way, i got some questions... (some not related to security)

i just used "98lite" (search if you do not know what this is) and installed microsoft windows 98 se with microsoft windows 95 ocr2 explorer, no internet explorer.

what do you think about this?
    do you think i can install the last version of windows media player?
    is there any other way to view .wmv files? wich is the best internet browser to use now?

i am now use mozilla firebird... how can i update microsoft windows now!?
    sygate firewall needs microsoft internet explorer... i will have to look for other firewall...

bye
    thing

Senior since the 3 dot era

Good to hear you got your network working like you wanted.

For the 98lite v4.7: Media Player7 but that's only for ME, for 98SE error and trail???
    Firewall: you can go with Outpost from Agnitum, see http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

hello

thank you.
    i will not install windows media player!
    i will check the firewall, for example i can not use sygate (wich i used and liked much) and zonealarm, i think they need internet explorer.
    thanks

bye
    thing

why are you assuming its sygate firewall thats screwing up? what version of mIRC and what file server are you running? did you write/dl a dcc type script? if your that quick to change firewalls...did you buy it. do you have the latest patches for everything
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

hello

my friend, i know what i am doing. and what you are talking about i already found a solution one month ago... i know what i do with mirc, i host a file server for many years.... i cleaned the applications window in the firewall... but now if it fails it will not allow netbios for tcp/ip, because now i use ipx for netbios share, and only the network card that connects to the other computer has ipx running, thanks.

bye
    thing