Thread: New Mobo Needed

New Mobo Needed

Well basically being the dumbass i am i busted both of my usb ports on my laptop and now im going to need a whole new motherboard, yay christmas. Anyway, i wanted your suggestions since i cant find the motherboard i have anywhere. Im using a Toshiba Satellite 1905-S301. Its Mobo is a Null BTR20. My processor is a P4 and im running XPHome. I have two usb ports (both broken physically) and no regular mouse port. Right now im calling Toshiba to see if anythings compatable but i doubt he will give me anything that will help, so im asking here too...wait just finished, he didnt help any. So, im going to need a mobo thats compatable and of a decent quality. Thanks for any help.

i dont think you can order laptop/notebook motherboards somewhere.
    I think you just gotta be nice to the people over at Toshiba, since they are the only ones that can help you get a new motherboard.
    http://members.home.nl/mcvay/mcvay_chobits_sig.jpg
    Im so good in bed, i moan my own name!

I would have to agree..

I think that that motherboards would have to be custom made for whatever model of notebook. Your gonna probably have to go throught Toshiba. Is it still under warranty?
    =

I'd imagine its still under warranty since its less than a year old, but i called Toshiba again and they gave me the number to this one place that has the mobo, but it costs $670, so im basically just going to put up with one, i only used it for gaming anyway =X.

If its still under warranty then they should cover it. Call them back up and tell the guy you want to talk to his manager. Then tell your your pretty ticked right now and want your new motherboard.
    =