Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viruses that cannot be detected by any Anti Virus Software.

Banned

Viruses that cannot be detected by any Anti Virus Software.

Ok..so here's my latest tutorial on computer viruses.I hope you like it.Don't forget to give me feedback.

this page is also available at:
    http://www.virustimes.cjb.net/anti/undetectable.html

Note:The information given on this page in intended solely for educational purposes and it is not intended,in one way or other to create any sort of damage.By reading the following information you have agreed not to use this information for any destructive purpose.However,the author or the publisher will not be held responsible in case of any sort of misuse.

Viruses that cannot be detected by Any Anti Virus Software!

Hi there.Some days back,there was a robbery at one of my friend's place.But luckily no one was hurt.However the theif did manage to take some jewellery away.They reported in the police and the police did lots of research trying to find who was responsible for that.They found many suspicious people but they couldn't find proof against anyone.My friend's neighbour,lets call him Mr.X,he was very co-operative with the police.He gave police lots of useful information.Also,he was very helpful and supportive to my friend's whole family.He even remain up 3 whole nights to guard my friend's place.Whenever I'd see him,I was like,Oh I wish I could have a neighbour like that.But guess what,a few days back the jewellery stolen was found in Mr X's cupboard.And he was arrested.And now whenever I think about him,I feel like saying "Oh I wish I could never have a neighbour like that!"

So what's the point of telling all that to you?Well,I want you to focus on one thing.Mr.X was the real culprit,but he remained infront of the eyes of everyone and no one thought he was a theif.In other words,no one could detect that he was a theif.

There are also certain viruses that cannot be detected by any anti virus program.Viruses that can cause heaps of damage to your computer but still no one can detect that they are the real culprit.

Introduction

Visual Basic!

Have you heard of Visual Basic?Visual Basic is a computer programming language.Its used to creare useful software.It can also be used to create games,screensavers,and lots of more things.In this article,I could use the example of any programming language but actually Visual Basic is the easiest one that could be used in this article.Also its my favourite language(programming...language).Now Visual Basic has certain commands that are used to do something with files.Some open files,some write to files,some create files,and some delete files.Now,here's where the game begins!

The "Kill" command

The command which is used to delete the files is called the Kill command.What this command does,is that it deletes the file(s) which it is instructed to delete.For the ones not familiar with Visual Basic,it works like this:
    Kill("C:\abc\abc.txt")
    What's happening here is that the file abc.txt found in the folder C:\Abc is being deleted.Any file can be deleted using the above statement in Visual Basic.For example.if we want to delete file xyz.txt found in C:\Xyz then we will use the following statement:
    Kill("C:\xyz\xyz.txt")

Wildcards!

Wildcards are names of file extensions written between *s.For example,the following:
    *.txt*

is the wildcard of text files.Wildcards can be used to select only those files who have a certain file extension.For example,the above wildcard will select only the text files.Wildcards can be used with the kill command to delete files having a certain extension.For example:

kill("C:\abc\*.txt*")

will delete only the text files from the folder C:\abc.Using wildcards with the kill command means that one kill command will delete multiple files from a folder,instead of one.I mean,that in the command without wildcards,only the file abc.txt or xyz.txt were deleted.However after using the wildcard *.txt*,ALL of the text files were deleted.The wildcard *.* is the most dangerous wildcard because it will delete all the files from a folder regardless of their file extensions.Have a look at the following statement:

Kill("C:\abc\*.*")

This statement will select all files in the folder C:\abc and delete them.

The real idea!

We have seen,from the above examples,that the Kill command deletes files without the user's permission or without informing the user.Now,what some people are doing,is that they are using the file names which are extremely important for a computer,e.g someone might put a statement like:

kill("C:\windows\*.*")
    This statement will delete all the files from the windows folder of the computer.If you already don't know,then the Windows folder is the most important folder of your computer.This folder contains many files that are vital,and I mean vital for your computer.If even one of those files gets deleted then the computer wouldn't be able to even start.Using above statement someone might create a program,and start telling other people its his/her photo or he might start spreading the program on the internet as a free software.No matter what Anti virus software or firewall or whatever you are using,if you scan that file it would be rendered as a harmless file.And then once you open that file,all that's gonna happen is that your Windows folder would get washed up and you'll be deprived of all your important files.In some cases,you might even need to get a new computer!These viruses could be the most deadly viruses ever created!

The moral of the story!

Now,someone might say that I am against Visual Basic.Actually,I am not.In fact Visual Basic is my favourite!My point of writing this whole article is,that something should be done about these harmful commands in programming languages.Visual Basic isn't the only language containing the Kill command.Almost all other programming languages have such commands,even more harmful.They only have different names.Someone might create these harmful viruses and start spreading them.Some people even are doing it.My point of writing this whole article is,that always be careful.Do not open a download file unless you are sure its not a virus.Also,I want the major Anti Virus software companies to consider this serious issue and do something about it.I understand how important these commands are for the programming languages and how badly the programming industry would be affected if they'll be totally banned.There are many good people out here who use these commands.However,the Anti virus programs could be programmed to see if a certain file is accessing the Windows or any other system folders and what it intends to do so that such viruses could be stopped.

One final thought!

My last thought is,that please do NOT use the information given in this article in any way that could be destructive.I understand it sounds thrilling to create viruses and spread them but believe me,it won't give you any benefit.My purpose of writing this article was to let you know what sort of ways could be used to write viruses.And I want you to always think 1000 times whenever you open a file you've downloaded.

The above article is written by Ali Akhtar(me ).Ali Akhtar is the owner/webmaster of http://www.virustimes.cjb.net.Visit this website for lots of free and original content on computer viruses just like the above one.

You have the full reprint rights to give this article away to any one you like and in anyway you like.However do not give it away for money and include the above paragraph at the end.

just because you have 33 posts instaead of the 1 you had last time you posted it does make it anymore worth while than it was before...and the same rules still apply.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...642#post694642
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The fact that your previous thread was moved out of the Tutorials section last time, negged and closed didn't lead you on to believing you should work on it some more? Despite somewhat inaccurate information and bad text formatting, this is a tutorial to what? Protecting your computer agains these 'virii' as you call them? Well, I don't see any help in how one can do that here. Is it a tutorial on how to write a simple malicious program that's not just not worth the title of a 'virus' but otherwise even saying 'code' about its source is being very generous.

If it was a first mistake people would probably not care. But posting the same tutorial twice, no changes, despite what seemed to be a negative answer to the first time it got here.... come on! That's insulting everybody's intelligence!
    /\\

There are several products that will prevent Visual Basic and other scripts running on your system from where they should not. If they can't run, they cant "kill"

Q: What do you call a bulldog with no legs?
    A: Anything you like...it can't chase you

I have posted a couple of tutorials that give links to freeware that gets rid of a lot of these "script problems"

If it were not contrary to AO policy and the ethics of this forum, I would challenge Ali to send me one of these viruses and test it on one of my lab boxes. Just to see which of my countermeasures caught it first.

If you are warned about scripts running out of P2P, e-mail and your web browser, and you actually let them (hey this requires a conscious effort folks...there is a "hellfire and damnation box in the middle of your screen)....you get all that you deserve IMHO

And for people that stupid there are even ones that just open the item in a script editor, so they can wonder at the UPX packed coding

Sorry, not impressed mate

Cheers

Banned
    I am very sorry about that.I didn't know that my previous post was deleted my yourself.The last time I posted this article I suddenly got booted from the internet and I thought that it didn't get posted.I am sorry if this article offended you,or anything.I won't post anything like that in future.

Banned
    deleted by you*

While I think your site is poorly designed and the information lacking, you may have a good idea ali1. There have been some posts, I think on the University of Calgary, that Univ's are actually starting classes on learning viruses in depth. I personally think it is an excellent idea. No power like knowledge, but your page isn't geared towards that, infact the page you directed us to is shite, IMO. The title states "Viruses that cannot be detected by any Anti Virus Software", if you scan an exe w/ commands that you 'demonstrated' w/ my grandmother's deaf, blind dawg, even he could sniff 'em out. Why don't you add some content. . .show how to replace a file by the same name as the one you deleted? Granted, that definatley wouldn't be stealth w/ the file size difference and all, but hey, atleast you would be providing something besides a "AND HERE'S TODAYS SPONSOR" and how to delete a file w/out right clicking or using the delete key.

Last thing, your the moral of the story section . . . is that some let's make people paranoid ploy against other people that understand the OS they work with?
    There are many good people out here who use these commands.However,the Anti virus programs could be programmed to see if a certain file is accessing the Windows or any other system folders and what it intends to do so that such viruses could be stopped.
    Well then show some examples. . .I'd like to see them. Show ME something that show how virii operate and I might actually visit the site.

I am impressed..... :lol:
    You should work for norton systems

your article wasn't "deleted". it was put in chit chat where it belongs because thats all it is.

how many other sites did you post this on? you didn't know it was moved because your just here to get hits on your own site and could give a **** less about ao. (come over to my house kiddies and ill teach you how to do really nasty things to people) if you did you might have noticed the negitive points you got for this and notices that you had replies to the thread you started. anyone that "wants" to be here notices these things....got booted for the internet! right! ...you probably got a virus.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

i hate to admit it but this is the lousiest tutorial i have ever read on computer viruses. i bet that is the only programming language the writer is 'confident' of. i would suggest he learn assembly language first before he start passing on what amount to be a lousy tutorial. or better yet, please, don't publish it here. you want a tutorial? start with overwriting viruses. then move on to non-overwriting viruses. then how do you 'infect'a COM/EXE file? how about memory-resident programming? how about polymorphism? how do you infect 32-bit PE-file format? the list is long. and these are just some of the topics the writer ought to introduce other than proclaiming how destructive the 'kill' function is in Visual Basic.

spare us please!!! ( just my opinion though.)
    Turn on. Tune in. Drop out.