Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In an attempt at learning

Banned

Re: Re: In an attempt at learning

Originally posted here by cyru5_nuk3

What is this place filled with Pussies that ain't got the balls to hack someone's computer and show 'em what's wrong with this guys Box..?
    Now don't get me wrong, i don't hate this site, infact it's helpful. I just don't like the People , then sh00t me a Pm and i'll tell ya how to..

Um, its a security website i.e. we dont want to learn how to hack somebodys box but to defend it. The reason people here are cautious about this sort of thing is that somebody asked before and the box turned out not to be his.

Yep.... i would suggest you to build your own honeypot http://secinf.net/intrusion_detectio..._need_one.html. Don't run any win SO on it, use FreeBSD insteed.

No one will actually blindly attack a machine just because you say it is yours, you can just be social engeneering us into attacking someone. But hey mount your own wargame i'll be glad to sign in.

If you do want to learn, pratically handling a compromised sys is good, but be sure to read something before you do that, otherwise you won't know what to do.

Incase u really want to see if ur system can be compromised as already mentioned by our members try running a good Vulnerability Scanner on ur PC.... or try undertaking Penetration Testing using tools like Core Impact...

But dear this is not a community where u can request systems to be compromised or broken....

Take Care....
    ****** Any man who knows all the answers most likely misunderstood the questions *****

You have many options... The best of which is creating your own LAN! On it you can expirement to your hearts content. You'll be suprised at how much you learn! I heard someone else mention that you could set-up a honey pot. This is a good option, but it requires some patience, you've gotta make your system look appealing to "hackers" first, and there is software to do this! But over all you get to see someone else performing under your spotlight so to speak Which can be quite educational, and fun The last option is getting a professional security audit. It might cost money.. I'm not sure... You could always get a friend to do it, but make sure you get him to sign an agreement IN WRITING, before you go through with it. For legal purposes

P.S. I'm a Junior Member now!! YAY!!!
    (EDIT: Cyrus... calm down man Facts are facts... Even if you are "better" than these talented people.. It makes you seem like a bad person when you talk to the other members like that... My advice, be more friendly! Think happy thoughts!)

Question

What in hell would make u ask such a thing??...u have no idea who may be trying to do the hacking or what they may do 2 ur system if they actually get in. A good point made earlier by someone...many times an ISP can detect such activities and get u in trouble...so not many people would take u up on the offer..probably only those that think they know that which they don't.
    \"If you are ruled by your mind, you are a king; if by body, a slave.\"

Banned

Re: Re: Re: In an attempt at learning

Originally posted here by Ennis
    Um, its a security website i.e. we dont want to learn how to hack somebodys box but to defend it. The reason people here are cautious about this sort of thing is that somebody asked before and the box turned out not to be his.
    Tho not every one learns from reading. I know that i learn more from accuily doing it. Im not condoning hacking in any way shape or form, tho I beleave that you would have a better chance of securing your systoms, if your REALY new, and understood how thay gain access. not just from what some text book or some seniour sayes.
    Every thing that you read is just an opinion, It is not neccaccerialy fact, so set up your own test box and start cracking... (so to speek)

Nightfalls_Girl

Come on NFG, I think I'd take Ennis' word over yours, considering I can read his and your talking crap.

Banned
    Originally posted here by TheAntiChrist
    Come on NFG, I think I'd take Ennis' word over yours, considering I can read his and your talking crap.
    AL i am saying is that some people learn more from experiencing it, NOT from reading about it.

Nightfalls_Girl

Yes but once again you pick on Ennis.

Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: In an attempt at learning

Originally posted here by Nightfalls_Girl
    Tho not every one learns from reading. I know that i learn more from accuily doing it. Im not condoning hacking in any way shape or form, tho I beleave that you would have a better chance of securing your systoms, if your REALY new, and understood how thay gain access. not just from what some text book or some seniour sayes.
    Every thing that you read is just an opinion, It is not neccaccerialy fact, so set up your own test box and start cracking... (so to speek)

Nightfalls_Girl
    you "do" english 24/7 yet you still suck at it