Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In an attempt at learning

Banned
    Originally posted here by TheAntiChrist
    Yes but once again you pick on Ennis.
    I was not picking on ennis. I was not picking on any one. I was stating MY opinion, which you can eather like of not like, that is up to you.

I refuse to get in to an argument of any sorts with you over this.
    So stop trying to start one.

Nightfalls_Girl

Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: In an attempt at learning

Originally posted here by Nightfalls_Girl
    Tho not every one learns from reading. I know that i learn more from accuily doing it. Im not condoning hacking in any way shape or form, tho I beleave that you would have a better chance of securing your systoms, if your REALY new, and understood how thay gain access. not just from what some text book or some seniour sayes.
    Every thing that you read is just an opinion, It is not neccaccerialy fact, so set up your own test box and start cracking... (so to speek)

Nightfalls_Girl
    Good point but before you start to get down and dirty you have to know what you are doing first, its why RTFM is such a popular saying.

Banned
    That is true, Tho when I play around with things like that I tend to only ever use the manual If I get really stuck and am unable to find it on the net.
    As Nightfall sayes (I think he was mucking around) (he is a techie) "Whats a manual? Real techies dont use them."

Nightfalls_Girl

The manual is only a tool invenyed by fascist bastard to constrain you to using a tool in a particular way. Were it not for manuals, we would find all sorts of ways to do things with all sorts of tools that we never thought of before. Like the first guy who ever used a screwdriver to open a paint can. Thank God he didn't read the warning on the package that said "use only as intended".

I too only read the manual when I get stuck, and otherwise try to find any use for whatever tool it is that I can. I usually end up using it for more than it was designed for.

/me points Ennis to Terr's signature.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Banned
    I would like to point out to you guys, oddly enough that I have to that this thread is abotu newbies like learning about newbie stuff, like a few tutorials I was talking about etc.

You know what I mean, if you dont, feck off.