TUX slaps The KID once for good measure

Thread: TUX slaps The KID once for good measure

Banned

TUX slaps The KID once for good measure

http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/mcse2.htm

Well what do we have here?

Does anybody see any gaping holes in this link?

ROFL

Ok, at first, I thought that this was serious.

If it really is... then this is the a special circumstance that I may consider a DDoS attack on a site acceptable...

One thing many home computer users are concerned with these days is viruses and all the time they consume. Linux zealots will try to say that their platform isn't plagued by things like email viruses, but with Windows XP I don't gotta worry about emailing viruses to my friends and family at all. The built-in email client Outlook Express does it automatically, in the background.
    This has to be the best part about the "article"... ROFL

That almost deserves to be blown up into poster size and pasted EVERYWHERE!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Exclamation

No way would I run a Linux operating system if it means I can't connect to America Online.
    Why would you need that anyway? What, are you Internet-suicidal or something? As far as I know, it's a lack on AoL's part that their service is incompatible with decent OSes [MacOS may be the - somewhat - exception, but that's only because so many people in the states use Macs]

Also, where is Microsoft Office for Linux, Windows Media Player for Linux and Outlook Express for Linux? Nowhere to be found. If I can't type a letter, make a spreadsheet, or email anyone with Linux, why on earth would I ever put it on my desktop?
    I think this guy never heard of Google or looking for ports of software. He listed here exclusively MS software that is never gonna be ported by MS for Linux [that would mean they need to make their source public, right? ]. OpenOffice.org, MPlayer and Ximian Evolution, to name some of the equivalents for what he is demanding. He can take his MCSE certificate from DeVry and shove it up his modem so the Internet isn't polluted with such information [I offer some bandwidth for that DDoS ]

[edit]
    typo
    [/edit]

...and to add to the obvious, the site's a joke. a smart one, nonetheless, but a joke
    /\\

Obliviously (spelling intentional)....this was written 'Tongue in Cheek'. At least I sure hope it was. Could anyone really be that oblivious (spelling intentional).
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I especially like the four games it comes with - Hearts, FreeCell (so addictive!), Minesweeper, and Solitaire. It's easy to see why XP is considered the ultimate platform for gamers.
    LOL! Minsweeper and Solitare are examples of how XP is the ultimate platform for gamers?

by Jorge Lopez, MCSE
    No way would I run a Linux operating system if it means I can't connect to America Online. Also, where is Microsoft Office for Linux, Windows Media Player for Linux and Outlook Express for Linux?
    This shows a little bias, but a MCSE on AOL? Dosent say much for MCSE's anymore... Outlook express is being discontiued by MS, so that is really not a adavantage anymore..
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Let's be honest, the MCSE has lost a lot of its "glory". As far as the article goes, It was quite funny.

I only pray that the thing was a joke.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Originally posted here by D0pp139an93r
    Let's be honest, the MCSE has lost a lot of its "glory". As far as the article goes, It was quite funny.

I only pray that the thing was a joke.
    Well someone on XP will read it and not check out Linux. The MSCE has lost a lot of its glory.

Jarrod Hammack, MCP
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)