Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I access my company E-Mail account from Home?

How can I access my company E-Mail account from Home?

I work at a company called Tenax. We have an internal E-Mail system. How do I access this from my home?

Ask your network admin or your boss. They'll let you know exactly what you can and can't do.
    - Boyam

Depends on many things...

In alot of cases, you simply can't.

For someone to be able to answer that they'd likely need to know what kind of email server it is, whether you desktop at work has any remote access applications installed, and probably OS of home and work systems...

Not sure if you can/should give out all that info tho...

RRP

Thanks. I guess I was so bussy trying to get in at home the simplest answer didn't even occure to me.

Basically you can't, If it is internal as you say.

What you would need to do is get your Admins to set up an external access facility to your network. Then you just have to log in to your work server and it is just like being in the office.

This may take a little while because they should be using security measures such as virtual private networking. You will need access rights, paswords, a token key and so on.

It will also require that the server is running during the hours that you want to access it.

By the way.....not a good idea to name your employer on a web forum .......makes some people a bit suspicious as well......being as how the information is irrelevant?

Cheers

there would be no need to externalize the email server if vpn was implemented as he would be on the network. most mail servers have the option to foward mail from your mail box. this may be an option for you if your company allows you to access 3rd party mail servers at work.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

there would be no need to externalize the email server if vpn was implemented as he would be on the network. most mail servers have the option to foward mail from your mail box. this may be an option for you if your company allows you to access 3rd party mail servers at work.
    you just took the words right out of my mouth man =D i was postin then i started reading posts and i read urs, then deleted my whole post. gj man. Also if there is not an option to forward your email to another account then, u might want to ask your admin to implement this option

Sorry Tedob1,

I might have misunderstood, but I think the request was to get work mail at home? If I want to be able to receive at either location I just tell people to CC or BCC to both addresses?

I assumed that he might wish to do something about the mail after reading it? so would need access to his systems?

That is why I mentioned VPN...it would cover both. But he would still need to be authorised?

The server is "an internal mail server" we are told, so he needs access to his intranet?

Maybe I am missing something here?

Cheers

Most commercial Email servers offer a web interface. Some even a POP3 pass-through. You really should contact your internal IS department. There is no point in speculating.

-sbg

Thanks everyone but you lost me after my last post. I talked with my network admin. and she said she would set it up to send coppies of all my mail to a new account that I could access from the internet.