Next step in stopping spammer?

Thread: Next step in stopping spammer?

Next step in stopping spammer?

I have been getting bombarded with spam mail from a spoofed yahoo email trying to sell me Norton AV(probably stolen too). I get multiple a day from different yahoo emails all spoofed because anytime I try to reply they bounce. They all direct me to the same site though www.ulikeit.biz so I am fairly sure its the same guy/gal.

Anyways I went to the site and looked through it, I did a little reconassaince. His site is very shabbly put together, if I wore a blackhat Im sure I could take it down but thats besides the point. He uses several hidden post fields. One of them contains his actual real email account . probably for him to get notified when something is purchased. So now that I have it I wrote him an email to stop spamming me with hundreds of emails a month.To of no avail though.

So now that I have a real email address is there anything I can do to report him or get this stopped somehow?

I live in California and I am really hoping he does too because when the new spamming law goes into effect I will sue the $4|# out of him.

BTW-- Sorry I already posted this once in the wrong section, but I really wanted it here so please dont flame for posting twice
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Deleted 2nd post. Next time, just ask a mod to move it or delete the post itself (You can delete your own posts)

Sam Spade says that while it's registered to a Canadian, it seems to be located in Romania (assuming the traceroute is correct)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Romania... Heh.... That explains why the email was of little use.....

You'd be much better off and waste less of your time if you just told your email client that if the subject or body has anything to do with Norton AV to send it directly to the trash......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I do have filter at home on my email client that is able to weed out some of his emails by subject but hes does change up so I keep having to add new filters.

Dam i hadnt even traced the site , Roamina huh, so much for being able to retire by sueing him, oh well work aint so bad

Tell you mail client to check the body for Norton AV if you can. Your hit rate will be better.
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I am terribly sorry to be stupid once again

Why not pass the info to Norton.................they are either being ripped off and/or their name taken in vain?

I think that they have the resources to deal with this problem.

Cheers

I am terribly sorry to be stupid once again
    Yeah, you really gotta stop that.....

But it goes to prove what I said to someone yesterday, (slightly rephrased and a potential addition to my signature 'cos it's kinda catchy...... )

Solutions are like boogers - They are right there on the end of your nose - But it usually takes someone else to point them out for you........

Although i dislike the bsa in general ..cough nazis cough.. , they do have a use when it comes to warez spammers www.bsa.org
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Well Im not so much into being a big rat, especially since theres probably a few things on my computer that are not legit either but this I enterprise theft. And it is compounded by the fact that many American companies are not doing so hot and to have our economy hurt by another country no matter how small is BS to me.And not only that to get multiple spams all the time is just wrong. So I will contact symantec and the BSA.

ulikeit.biz resolves to 192.129.3.82 which is one of 255 belonging to Polytechnical Institute of Bucharesti in Romania Your link does not bring up a web page for me nor did I find an open relay there but there is a mail server at that address. If it did exist at one time then I would guess someone took care of it already. Either that or they’ve moved on. probably some snot nosed gypsy student who download it from kazaa and is trying to make a quick buck. (luke deep into my highs...you are wanting to buy noor ton hay V...)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”