Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security downloads

Question Security downloads

I'm looking for some "free" security downloads that would improve the security on my pc. Any suggestions are welcomed. I thought it easier to ask here sinse I've searched many sites and am not sure what to download or even what exactly to look for.
    \"If you are ruled by your mind, you are a king; if by body, a slave.\"

The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Take a look at this post, its a bit outdated so some of the links dont work:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=237724

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Uh... might help if we knew what you already have (that is, OS and what security if any you have):

For example:

- firewall
    - anti-virus
    - intrusion detection

Is this for home, SOHO or larger business use? For a network or a single computer? If there are other computers, what are their OSes? Do you have a router or are you direct connect to the Internet? Do you have children to worry about?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Smile

I am using windows xp... with a simple sygate personal firewall.
    \"If you are ruled by your mind, you are a king; if by body, a slave.\"

Banned
    Always check out the download sections of the popular sites, www.webattack.com
    and www.downloads.com

For a home user these sites should have more or less the neccessary tools, freeware and shareware so you decide before buying.

I run XP Pro with AVG anti-virus, Agnitum outpost firewall and Proxomitron for stopping pop-ups, and I've never had a single problem w/ viruses or anything else. All of these (except Proxomitron) are available at www.download.com or you can go directly to the sites. They are all free.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Banned
    Deb move the , from the link.

Damn grammar!!! Thx hon
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

might try this one for downloads, articles, and links to other sites

www.securityfocus.com