crapy windows ME (2000)

Thread: crapy windows ME (2000)

crapy windows ME (2000)

this tutorial thread is about the crapy windows ME i have on my hp pavilion mx50. this has got to be by far the worst windows to ever come out even if it is somewhat new. it has done some much crap to my computer i cant believe it. some people might not have the same issue as i do. windows xp professinal is much better and i have that at my school. my computer freezes about 10 times in like 5 days. that is utterly riducolous. i do however love computers and love to use mine. there are still many many advantages of windows (any) if you have a good server as in road runner. that is just plain amazing it is the fastest thing i have ever used. i used to have AOL and once i got roadrunner i got rid of AOL in a heartbeat. has anyone heard hte rumor about AOL 9.0 optimized? i have heard that the company can find out your password and crap like that! wow that is quite a convorsation about servers and windows!

cheers, larrykingsux
    P-I-M-P

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    This isn't quite a tutorial so I'm moving it here.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

o ok thanks do u have any ideas of a tutorial I could write about on windows MsMittens?
    P-I-M-P

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I'm also not sure if he is talking about ME or 2000, considering ME is FAR from being a relatively new OS. And how you can say windows is fast because you went from dialup to cable modem I am not quite sure....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Yep MsM "rant" is not = "tutorial"

Well LKS, let's have a look at you shall we?

this tutorial thread is about the crapy windows ME
    What is crappy about Windows Me? maybe some of its users?...do you actually understand it?..that I very much doubt

Win Me is very complex and requires a lot of resource....In my opinion 256Mb as a minimum. I would also not like to run it on less than 333Mhz. I would go for a PIII/533 and 384 or 512 to get a good stable system.

My worst experience has been running it on a PIV 1.7Ghz with 768Mb of PC800 Rambus memory. Too much memory so it is unstable.

my computer freezes about 10 times in like 5 days.
    That is a resource issue for certain.

If you wish to check, just load a memory management tool and see what is happening on your box

If your initial reaction is that you prefer XP to Me, then you have a very bad Me install. The usual reaction is the other way round......

Might I suggest that you go to the start/settings/control panel bit in your psyche....then system and display, and change it to greyscale if you can't quite make 8 bit colour?.................you seem to be locked on black and white at the moment?

Cheers

I would have to agree... windows ME worked so well for me for so long, I was reluctant to move up to XP. Not meaning to sound like a copycat, but I would wager on a resource confilct..

As far as the AOL enhanced stuff you were muttering....what password can they find? The password to log in? You think!!? Ever heard the expression, "if rumors were true, they'd be called something else?" So where did you hear it? Just curious....

Might I suggest that you go to the start/settings/control panel bit in your psyche....then system and display, and change it to greyscale if you can't quite make 8 bit colour?.................you seem to be locked on black and white at the moment?
    LMFAO!!

ps..Thanks MsMittens!!

sry guys i was just trying to get a tutorial i really am not a computer genius like all of you but i am a lil. im not the greatest with computers that is just my opinion.

HEhee...he said computer genius...that's probably the only time in my life iI'll ever be called that...sigh...I still remember fondly the last time someone called me a youngster...

Back to the issue...I appreciate your desire of wanting to write a tutorial. You are showing you have a desire to help.

I would suggest maybe reading some of the tutorials first? Read alot of them. A tutorial is supposed to teach....it has paragraphs even. So going off your topic you started, maybe you could find out why you are having the problems you are having with ME, research how to fix them, keep notes, and THEN write a tut based on how you fixed it.

i don't meen to sound offensing but LarryKingSux you almost always post to complain or to ask whats better in our opinion and things like that. Do you have an opinion of your own ? ? do you always complain ? ? ? it also can help to know diferent opinions to formulate a better self opinion . I now that is youre right to say or in this case type what ever you whant, if someone agrees with you they are going to give you greenies if they disagree either they are going to ignore the post or if it really bother them they are going to neg you..

Sh*t all screw up . If i deserve to get neg go ahead. i would'n neg back

Have a nice day by the way

Before anyone starts to say things about me, yes i'm a jr class post whore, but im not always complaining, i not a very helpfull member, but when i can help some one i do it. i also try to give something back to this community that has gave me alot of knowledge.

as a matter of fact this is my opinion of my own i think windows and windows products suck but........ that is my opinion therefore it really doesnt matter what i say or think its what u say or think! and i do like to complain about tihngs i hate and there isnt many things i hate but there is a few

cheers!