Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the 'F' word

the 'F' word

the Federal Communications Commission ... appeared to sanction what government officials called "the F-word," as long as it is used as an adjective”

( i guess they are forbidden to use it as a noun )

It was decided that…”Bono's "F-Word" was okay, the FCC said, because it was used as an adjective in a nonsexual context.”... at the golden globe awards.

(and some are upset about the use of spanish on the job)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

Huh? Does this decision reflect the opinion of the american people?

the Washington Post has a habbit of making their articles for subscribers only after a time so i've attached it as a txt file
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I use the f-word in here

Sadly, it probably does reflect the opinion of the American people that are buying whatever product they are pushing..(if that makes sense)

Which presidential hopeful was just quoted in Rolling Stone magazine as saying about the war in Iraq (paraphrased) "then George B. ****ed it up"...yep, that's the guy I want for president...someone my children can be proud of.

I missed that ruling, but let me see if I get this straight. **** does not mean **** when used as an adjective, but **** does mean **** when it's used to describe ****ing? So me saying "what the ****" is no longer considered vulgar, so what the **** does **** mean?

(My apologies to all who may be offended..I really don't talk like that My wife would slap my pee-pee )

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    George Carlin would be so proud.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Re: I use the f-word in here

Originally posted here by groovicus
    (My apologies to all who may be offended..I really don't talk like that My wife would slap my pee-pee )
    Now that is the Funniest stuff i've read all day..
    Thanks for the Laugh Groovicus..

Anyhow what will they think of next..?

Rtman

I love George Carlin..

what... George Carlin? But he uses verbs. bad man, bad, bad man

why he even wanted to use the f word in place of the word kill which is such a good wholesome word

"where gona f word ya sheriff. and where going to f word ya real slow"

all kidding aside, do we really want bonno speaking like that in our mothers' living rooms?

Although i see nothing wrong with the word itself, its usage in certain places shows complete disrespect for those present. i personally dont want my family disrespected and i dont appreciate the fcc saying its ok. i think the fcc is nothing but a bunch of unbathed indeviduals that have carnal knowledge of their maternal parents.

i noticed grovicious, that your post was hidden and included an appology. Why? because your showing respect for others and isn't that the way we want it? not to mention your blatant use of verbs nouns and dangeling participals :-) im just grateful you didn't dangle your participle in front of my mother
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

That is exactly the way I would like it... when you're hanging out with the guys, it's one thing.. I think my mother has accepted that people use the f-word, but I'm trying to teach my children acceptable modes of conversation. I have a hard enough time with what they learn at school, and it seems they think whatever they see on TV is ok. We no longer allow any kind of kid shows that depict fighting in any form, because then they want to play fight.

My youngest asked me one time "You want a piece of me?"...he only asked that once.

Besides, you sound more intelligent if you don't have to resort to expletives. It almost forces you into "proper" sentence structure. It seems that expletives, poor grammar, and percieved lack of intelligence go hand in hand. (hence the dangling participles )

And you are right....inbred is an adequate description.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    When I referenced George Carlin I was referring to his infamous "7 Dirty Words". I guess it's now 6.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

That George skit is really funny if you ever get to see it. I am sure some of you may have seen the T-shirt where it's used as a noun, verb, adj. etc...

"**** you, you ****ing ****"

MsMittens i normally like carlins stuff but that was the one routine of his that really turned me off...last i heard he uped it to ten...but theier eithr verbs or nouns