Linux Commercial!!!

Thread: Linux Commercial!!!

Linux Commercial!!!

oh my god...i was just watching the jets game and i saw a commercial for linux! holy mama pajama! well, it wasnt even a commercial for linux, it was an IBM commercial ABOUT linux! it was like this kid sitting in the middle of this white room and all these people are telling him all this different stuff, and at the end this voiceover comes on and says "He will know all that we know. WE are free to shape him as we choose. What is his name? His name is Linux." Did anyone else see this commercial?

\"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

The LINUX i knew was a UNDERGROUND-LINUX, today LINUX is becoming the next WINDOWS/MS , and where does that leave us??

It leaves us to start a WHOLE new OS from scratch,it would be Console-driven, well, you could say its gonna be the next LINUX....

So check this:

none ->LINUX

And so it follows in a loop, wich is controlled by time.

Damn, i hate it when stuff go commercial..........
    Beware, you who seek first and final principles, for you are
    trampling the garden of an angry God and he awaits you just beyond the last theorem.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

WoW! That just sent chills down my spine, thank you so much for the link Ms.M. I think it's good for Linux though, it opens peoples minds, and lets them know that theres more out there. Let's just hope the developers, don't get greedy any time soon. Wouldn't want to see Linux go the way of the MS "dinosaur".
    What do you get when you cross a nun and a penguin?
    An operating system that won\'t go down on you.

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    You mean this one:
    They even offer it in mpeg instead of just the proprietary formats like most. How very open of them.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

slick i also was watching all the football games because i have nfl sunday ticket which gives you all the games and i saw that commercial also

St. Petersburg, FL
    I don't think that "Linux" will ever go the way of Windows. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the companies that distribute Linux *coughs* RedHat *coughs*.

I have seen many advertisements that promote Linux, most of which are from IBM. Occasionally Dell puts something out.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.