copies of xp?

Thread: copies of xp?

copies of xp?

is it true that if you copy XP and put it on another computer then if both are on the internet you'll have issues? I don't believe it, but my friend thinks that is the case. just want to settle it once and for all
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn\'t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae.The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

youre not supossed to distribute Xp copies or anyother software unless stated that is freeware or that you can redistribute the copies(unless youre a reseller and only legit software). when you buy xp or other program its a single user license unless stated in the box, or you buy mulriple licenses

Banned
    Tx graphictron but you didn't answer the question

No you will not have issues, think of how many copies of the same WInXP were downloaded from a p2p network, and everybody installed it, basicly thousends of users would have issues, but that is not true.

Well despite the fact that AOs not a place for tips on using XP illegally... there's an issue with one of the old serials that went around with P2P-shared XP... MS would crash your computer when you tried to install SP1. Other than that, if it's a bought copy and you share it, you won't have any issues on the Internet... unless, of course, you're running a business and somebody checks licences of your software.
    /\\

I have heard that the issues that occur when using any Microsoft product on more than one machine with the same license has more to do with legal action, as in, you go to the Microsoft site in search of say, updates. I think this is how they are able to track down their pirated software. I may be wrong and someone please correct me if I am wrong. This is just something I read somewhere.

But.......
    Now I don't keep up on warez and the different cracks avalible, but everytime I have had to do a complete reinstall of my operating system (xp home) I have had to register it with m$n every time. They give, or send back a unique number/letter sequence that I have to enter into the registeration popup. That number gives my putor a unique signature to micro soft, which I assume they check whenever I go to download an update.
    Wouldn't that creat some problems, if there were 200 computers or so with the same registration key?
    Now I really don't know, but to continue the question--I would like to know if someone can get around this. I don't believe anyone could get my registration key, so I don't really think I have any worries about anyone duplicating it. Now I am curious. (and of course being nosy)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

if you manage to install win xp and install sp1 after that when you go in to their site and check for updates it tell you that your copy is not using a legit key and doesn't let you download updates. And if the version of xp is from a legit cd it gives you several days till you activate it online and register

Some friend told me that i don't remember very well, it was a several months back,any corrections and added comments welcome