Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial ideas?

Tutorial ideas?

Ok, I really would like to write another tutorial, the problem is: about what?
    Any ideas?
    I looked at this thread: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...s&pagenumber=2

But I'm not into C/C++ and I've never used 3D Studio max.

My preferences go out to something security related (or about how something works: network, pc components or something)
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Make a tutorial about LAN security...programes... and...bla...bla...bla...bla......

I would have to agree lan security or intrusion detection. Maybe one on wireless security. Just a thought.
    There is only 10 types of people who understand binary those who do and those who don\'t.

Yeah about car jacking hacking a very intresting story about wireless network security.

Wi-Fi seems to be on the spot light right now.
    I would do some research/writting myself but i am considering doing one on sygate's FW with extensive port listing, filtering and so on...

I'd suggest you to read http://www.gnutellanews.com/article/9371 and write something about it.

I say hping2 to test firewalls.
    The command completed successfully.

\"They drew first blood not me.\"

Banned
    I have an idea. You, or someone else could write a small program, and purposely put a "hole" in it. And the tutorial could be on how to exploit the hole you purposely put in. You would include the source for the original program, and the exploit. I think it's a good idea, and would like to see someone do it, if not you.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Half: Allow me to make a sensible suggestion.....

What is your skill set? Search AO for posts regarding those skill sets and look for a deficiency.... If you find one, write a tutorial to fill it.

Frankly, asking "what do you want me to write a tut about?" comes across as a little arrogant. it implies that you know all things and want people to tell you what your "golden pen" should write..... IMNSHO, that doesn't come across all that well.....

My 2c.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Frankly, asking "what do you want me to write a tut about?" comes across as a little arrogant. it implies that you know all things and want people to tell you what your "golden pen" should write..... IMNSHO, that doesn't come across all that well.....
    Yeah, sorry I know that and it's not my intention to be arrogant or something, I'll see what I can find to write something about. Thx

Off to school now: exam dutch

EDIT: about that wi-fi, there are already a couple tutorials written about that, I don't think I can really add something to it.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Snort Tutorial

How about a Snort Tutorial???