Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nokia Security Code

:)

Hi Groovicus,

Well I am happy you liked the small tit-bit for you in my post. No offence, but I thought it was quite overwhelming that an Antionline Addict does not know whether a cell phone can be considered as a computer.

So I thought about addressing it to you on purpose. I hope you took it in the right spirit.

Cheers,
    Have a great day,
    Bluzky.

hey w0lverine ... we are talking about the phone lock here

thanks

hi w0lverine

thanks pal. I did just that. Went to a repair shop and shelled out bucks. But all is well that ends well and the phone is finally working.

cheers.

Exclamation Changing Security Code for free

I know that this post is a little late, but maybe it will help others in the future. I too ran in to a similar problem with the security code. However, mine was due to the fact that I had purchased the phone off e-Bay and the seller would not give me the old code to change it to a new code. After searching the web, I found that you can change the code by punching in:

*3001#12345# and then the "send/dial/answer" key

Then scroll down and select the "security menu" and it will show you the current security code. You can either keep it the same or change it. This worked with my Nokia 8260 TDMA phone. I don't know if it will work with all Nokias.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    um. im sorry this just sounds really dodgy to me, but in Australia the telecommunications works differently i suppose.

over here, if you changed providers you are issued with a new SIM card with all your new information. if you wanted to keep your existing number and change providers this is still done but you are still issued a new SIM card.

it puzzles me because the error your explaining is as if your using your old card, (which IMO should be trying to connect to your old provider, which you unsubscribed from) and you should be using a new one the new providers would issue you??

also, about the cost of getting the phone repaired so to speek, it shouldnt take any more than a phone call. as you talk to the operator they will tell you to do this and this, enter that number and viola. ???
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

We have SIM cards here as well, but that would be for the phones on the GSM networks. We were (at least I was) discussing phones on the TDMA network.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    [rant]

i got negged on my other post because this is an old thread and i wasnt even the one to restart it. i just posted a reply to someone elses new post. so whoever it was ive already spoken with, get your stories straight.

[/rant]

mama_cito95, those neggs were for you but its ok. next time just start a new thread. but i guess you would get negged for that too cause there was already a post about it

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein