Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nokia Security Code

Nokia Security Code

Dear All,

I am using a Nokia 3315 cell phone. I have changed my phone security code long time back and now when I have changed my service provider, the sim is not being accepted. The phone is asking for the phone security code when I switch it on. I have tried to recall the number that I had entered as security code, but in vain. It just does not seem to work. The new service provider told me to take it to Nokia Repair Shop to get the cell phone code changed. But that is an expensive propostion as they charge a lot for this.

Some of my friends told me that you can have the nokia cell code changed by entering some key combinations or by knowing your IMEI. Can someone please help me out with this problem?

My IMEI is 351465305457475

Thanking you in anticipation,
    Bluzky.

Hey,

I think ya ought to get in touch with your old service provider..they can change the service code..n yeah..they ask for the pin2 code..its the 14/16 digit no. written on your sim(old sim mind)..give it to 'em n things ought to work out fine..see ya

I have a Nextel, and I am not sure it this would work with yours, but in my manual, it says if I cannot remember the code for the sim card, to call Customer service and they will supply you with a temporary code to access your sim card. From there you can reset the code. Also, if your phone is brand new, it should have a default passcode (etc. 0000) . hope this helps you.

It doesn't work with nokia cell phones.

Dear All,

I am using a proftpd FTP server. I have changed my password long time back and now when I have changed my service provider, the password is not being accepted. The server is asking for the password when I connect to it. I have tried to recall the word that I had entered as the password, but in vain. It just does not seem to work. The new service provider told me to take it to computer repair shop to get the password changed. But that is an expensive propostion as they charge a lot for this.

Some of my friends told me that you can have the root password changed by entering some key combinations or by knowing your URL.. Can someone please help me out with this problem?

My URL is ftp.microsoft.com

Thanking you in anticipation,
    Striek

Take it to a repair shop. Nobody here is going to tell you how to hack a phone securtity code, as we have no prrof that the phone is actually yours. I realize that you may be stuck in a jam here and aplogize if your intentions are good, but look at it from the other side. Would you be naive enough to fall for this?
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

This is sad. This guy's asking for help with his phone, and in every thread asking for help these days, I see at least one post saying "We won't help you, you're probably a hacker trying to use our services for the purposes of evil." What's wrong with you guys? This is a security website that gives help to people. It provides information and tutorials. I myself am a newbie on here, so you can just pretend I never posted this if you wish, but I think a lot of the AO members need to grow up. Go out on a limb for once and offer some help to people who seem to genuinely need it. This guy for one, he knows his pin2 code, would you like him to give you his SSN, address, and phone number, so that if it turns out he was trying to crack someone's phone, you can then go after him? Seriously, already I'm afraid to start a thread asking for help because of the responses I see where the person asking gets flamed to death.

Good day,
    Lee (Tigwyk) Ingram

I was not trying to insult bluzky. I was making a (pathetic?) attempt at humor by explaining how easily what he is saying could be interpreted sa a creative social enginnering ruse.

Truly, I meant no offense by my post. I was only trying to illustrate the need for further proof that the phone is his before any help should be expected. In all honesty, I have no ideo how to do what he is asking anyway.

And hopefully by educating him, showing him how easy it would be to falsify his request and how easily he could be a target of such an attack, he will not fall victim to it in the future.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Sorry to be so harsh with my words, I've just seen many people post very insulting replies along the lines of "You're probably a hacker, so we won't help you." Thank you for clearing this up, and I do apologize to you. I'm having a rough day, just broke up with my girlfriend,
    <-[ Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may cancel your visa. ]->

Streik is right....yes people ask for help, yes we try to give it....but for a cell phone? Please kill me now. Please, someone, explain to me how it relates to computers?

cellphones are much related to computers, it also being programmed using computer.. it is just like another device that attached to a computer (though it is not really attached).. especially for the newly comes models that even has a java games, mms, gprs and etc computer related and programmed stuffs inside.. some has usb cables and some has IR connection to connect them to computers... i hope this calm u down groovicius, hmm.. another thing, try j2me (java 2 micro edition) it is kind of fun!

You can just reset the phone if u want to, just go to your nearest phone shop, ask them to do so and show your purchace IMEI no ( if they don't beleive it is your's)... maybe the'll charge you some...(it can be done here in m'sia) If it is the sim card then you will need to obtain a PUK number from your network provider.

i hope this answer ur Q... just my 2 cents

for alternative = http://www.nokia-unlock.com/