Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nokia Security Code

Have to agree w/ cy on this one. . .cell phones are millions of midget comps running on a wireless network. The fact that you gave out the IMEI makes me weary, as well. IMO looks like you may be asking to hack. . .which is actually kewl by me, I just don't like to be acessory to illegal activities. Everyone has given you the information you need. . .contact your carrier. If it is the PUK code, it'll only take a few minutes, after waiting on hold for a long time. . .to correct. If not, you may to buy a new SIM, 30.00(USD). Good luck, nothing sucks more than paying for a cell that doesn't work.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Hey buddy, how's it going?

What Service did you have at first and what did you change it to? You would need to have the phone "unlocked" by your old phone company to make the new SIM work in it. Here' sthe thing...it will cost you less if you just get a new phone with the new company that you switch to. I've worked for ATT Wireless for a while and i have some some of the access codes. I'm not going to give them to you because they're not goin to help you anyways. Did you find this phone and are trying to make it work with your current service? If you tell me straight up what the deal with this phone is, i'll prolly be able to help you more effectively by knowing what status the phone is.

cheers

Working in the retail I knowexactly how much information they will ask to see if this phone is yours, Name, Date of Birth password... thats it... Sometimes only password if it's a multiuser phone. And come on sociel engineering is all about passwords. I wouldn't help him, but again if he wanted to hack it. This isn't the site Id be visiting now. There are a lot of resources out there for phone freakng and hacking and what not. Here,,, justva bunch of people... learning about.. a small aspect of security within a small aspect of the IT industry..
    God forbid if anyone asks a question about Wireless security... argg I pitty them

ahh sorry bout that last snide remark, busted with the missus too, I don't really mean it, and about wireless security I gonna start a thread on that soon, cuase I'm clueless

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    omg flames over what could be completely honest questions. freaking get over it people. At least the question appears to be legit.

Nokia phones use a lot of different codes. Mine has a security code, pin code, pin2 code, puk code, and puk2 code. The puk and puk2 are used to reset the pin and pin2 respectively. The only way to get the puk code is to contact the people that provided the phone. If you mistype a puk code 10 times, it will cause your sim card to invalidate itself, and the only way to get it fixed is to purchace a new sim card and take the old one to a Nokia shop and have them move the information from 1 card to the other.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

The PUK code is something yuor service provider can unlock a puk 2 error invalidates your phone to those people I feel sorry for ya...

hope some of this helps you, seems they have all you need except a cable from your pc to your phone:

http://www.thenokiazone.com/?tnz=software

Hope it helps, lemme know please!!!

PS it's just a link to a page, i take no responsibility for anything there, and I dont recommend any one using or downloading anything from any website unknown to them.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Not sure if everyone is just being difficult, or simply don't know how to do so - but 'unlocking' your DCT4 is nothing more then a calculated code.

I forget the formula myself, and its a rather difficult one at that - but the information you'll need to know is:

1) Lock type:
    This is either 2 or 5. always select 2 unless your handset is a 7650 or 3650 in which case select 5.

2) IMEI
    The 15 digit serial number of your handset. This can be found by pressing *#06# into your handset.

3) Network provider code (5 digit)
    This refers to the network your handset is locked too.

Once you have that information you can plug it into the formula or use a DCT4 code calculator to do it for you. One can be found here:

http://www.unlockme.co.uk/dct4free.html

Hope this helps,

RRP

Thumbs down Amazed !!

Hi Everyone,

Well first and foremost, thanks a lot to everyone who replied to my question. It has been quite an experience on the whole.

I asked a simple thing about whether the security code of a phone can be retrieved/changed without needing to go to a repair shop and pay for it. And I see that it has generated quite a stir. Less was talked about the problem and more about ethics and moralities.

I understand what Striek said about the social re-engineering and his "pathetic" humor attempts. But I was not really looking for that. And this being a discussion board and a forum to help others, I understand the risks involved if unknowingly you end up helping a hacker in doing something illegal and perilous. I also understand the strong assertion of groovicus asking for any similarity between a cell phone and a computer; and the posting of such a topic on this site.

I appreciate those who stood up against the usual banter, .. "We won't help", "Give us proof", "You are a hacker" et al. I think if these are issues that every person who posts a question that he does not know a solution to, then this site has a major handicap. How do we differentiate between who is a hacker and who is posting out of genuine bona fide inquisitiveness?????

I read all the replies and I think most of you have misunderstood the code I was talking about. I consider myself lucky, that I did not totally depend on this site for help. I did some research on my own and found out quite a lot about this.

However, to help others who were confused about the various issues raised in the discussion, let me address them one by one:

1. I AM NOT A HACKER AND THE REQUEST WAS A GENUINE ONE.

2. (for groovicus) --> A cell phone is a mini-computer and in case you are not updated on the latest models coming out, it has a small microchip circuit board programmed just like a computer would be. The wireless applications, as had been detailed by other users in the forum, are usually data instructions transferred between the chip-sim and the network provider. The software of a cell phone is similar to that of a computer OS, though till now it was not on the similar scale of grandeur. But the new models that are coming up are bridging the gap between computers and mobile phones. So please don't doubt again that a cell phone is not a computer.

3. I had mentioned about the security code. Most people have been confused with this. Nokia cell phone has the following codes:

PIN - This is provided by the service provider. Its a sim lock code. You can change it to anything that you can remember.

PIN2- This is also provided by the service provider. It is used to set basic functions in a mobile phone, viz. Call rates setting etc.

PUK - In case PIN is lost or forgotten, you need a Pin Unlock Key (PUK) to open it again. Your network provider gives the PUK.

PUK2 - PIN2 unlock key.

And finally comes the Security Code. This is a code that is set for the phone by the company itself and not any service provider. This code helps a user to make sure that no new sim can be placed in the phone, in case its lost. When anyone enters a new sim, the phone asks for the security code so as to make sure that the legitimate user of the phone is putting in a new sim card. So its a security feature by Nokia.

Where I got unlucky was that I changed my security code to something that I remember and then now when I need to recall it the most, I cannot remember what I had changed the code to since its been nearly a year I changed it.

I heard that the security code can be changed in case you have forgotten it. There are two ways. One is to take the phone to a repair shop and pay for the repair. Other way is to use your IMEI to obtain some unlock code using some software.

After searching for this on the net, I found out that you need a data cable for it and also it is hacking in a way. Since I didn't have a data cable, and having no knowledge of mobile phone tampering, I had to go to the repair shop and pay for it.

The only reason I posted the question here was that I thought that one can just punch in some numbers in the mobile phone and create a new security code. But all this data cable, software, mobile tampering stuff seems incongruous to me.

I hope that settles the doubts of all who seem too bothered.

BTW, my mobile is working fine now and I have learnt a lot from this fine experience .

Cheers and everyone have a wonderful day,

Thank you once again for posting to my query,

Regards,
    Nicechap.

hehe...I feel special...a section just for little old me