Thread: posting recording-suggestion

posting recording-suggestion

hi all,
    i am member for a last few months and i enjoy reading and learning from tutorials or problem solving skills of many members.

i noticed that every time you post for any help or whatever, you get your post registered (numbered). So if you have so many post you have some benefits or became a junior or whatever.
    i like that idea but i have little comment about this whole thing.
    why get registered post when asking for help?
    i think that only people answering them should be "credited" or people who post turorials.
    sometimes we have some answers which does not make sense like:
    (yes i agree with you) ,(read previous post ) - response like that which get registered as post.
    i dont think they should.
    what do you think about this??
    keep excelent work
    thnks
    can see turbulent answers lol

Banned
    That's why we have Negative Antipoints, if somebody keeps posting sh!t like that we neg him/her and he''ll eventually stop or be banned caused by all the negative points.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Yeah Memory... but we still have members that do it. I won't name any names right off hand

unvisible> That is probably one of the best ideas I have heard in a long time and wout stop a lot of post whoring, but how do yo make the system know if a post is in answer to a question, or just some crap like "I agree"? Considering there is something like 1500 new posts a day, that would be a lot of work for a person to do.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

i was thinking about it later it would be logistic nightmare to do it
    but everything is possible nothing is impossible

Banned
    but how do yo make the system know if a post is in answer to a question, or just some crap like "I agree"?
    That's what i thought, if you make a system that deleted every posts that caontains I Agree in it would delete some important posts like " I agree because ..........................", so it would be kinda hard for a mod to do it. I'll wait for a response from the admins or mods if that ould be done.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Technology is not always the answer to everything. e.g., technology is pretty useless against social engineering. So it's up to having a human check certain things. The problem with the suggestion (if I understand it correctly) is that the "forum system" doesn't know what post will be a simple "I agree" versus a long drawn out explanation. Even if someone was to create such a system that had checks and balances, it would be quite a challenge. I've seen this kind of AI used to "grade" posts by people in a game. It's quite a challenge, from what I understood speaking to the creator, to create.

The "I agree" type posts are a part of life at most forums or newsgroups. They are the "Yes men" of the world. It's annoying to read when you are watching a thread but it is a fact of life that they honestly have very little more to offer.

I was thinking of a way that this might be done would be a simple little check box option. Check one box for agree with post, check another for disagree with post. This avoids a) spammers and b) could avoid registration. However, this could also be abused by persons who want to make their posts look "popular" (ie., idea of hot threads or popular threads used on other boards).

Lastly, don't wait for the mods/admins for something to be done. This is a community. You have a lot more power than you realize (save for board modifications). Use that power to mold, change, whatever to the community. The power of words is far more powerful than anything I can do.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I agree.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

i dont agree that you get 1 post for" i agree " striek.
    that was my point.why get post for this?????