Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: motherboard suggestions?

Question motherboard suggestions?

hello,

I'm building a computer and i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on a decent motherboard with a well known chipset.
    Suicide bombers?..............there are too many of them
    -(George Dubya)

Banned
    First this isn't a tutorial

second check out http://www.motherboards.org/ and see what fits you the best.

It really depends on what you are going to use the computer for, how much money you have to spend and so on.
    You might try checking out
    Hardware Central. There is information there as well as reviews and links to other hardware and motherboard sites. Good luck!

AO French Antique News Whore
    ASUS usually made the best motherboard.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

ASUS ussually make the best priced/performnce motherboard. MSI MAKE the best motherboards. But it's all a matter of taste. Email me if ya want me to do you up a researchy thing. It's my hobby. Give me details on what your building though.

ghostofanonion@hotmail.com

also note that it depends on where you live as to prices and availability I'm in good ol down under so I a bit behind the rest of the world

I hate to give unsolicited advertising but dansdata is a great place to have an unbiased view on cards, he aint always right and I don't always agree with him but he aint always wrong and he aint trying to rip you off have a look www.dansdata.com

Originally posted here by SDK
    ASUS usually made the best motherboard.
    I agree. ASUS boards have never given me a problem.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

id probably suggest an AMD athlon 3200+. they're really good, but really expensive. if money is a problem, go with a Intel P4

If you don't mind overclocking (very fun). The ASUS A7N8X-X with a Barton 2500+is a gerat combo. I have mine running at about 2.2Gig. Overall I like ASUS and the A7N8X series has tons of options if you not into OCing the processor or want buit in sound, video, ect....
    My preception IS reality.
    Just because the majority think it\'s right doesn\'t make it right.
    If you don\'t like it, Don\'t Settle For It.

Originally posted here by deathmetal
    id probably suggest an AMD athlon 3200+. they're really good, but really expensive. if money is a problem, go with a Intel P4
    Isnt that the other way around? (Intel more expensive than AMD) According to pricewatch.com a Pentium 4 3.2GHZ is $273 and a AMD Athlon XP 3200 would be $178.

http://www.pricewatch.com/
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)