Windows 2003 Server Pass

Thread: Windows 2003 Server Pass

Windows 2003 Server Pass

So about a month ago, i got a copy of Windows 2003 Server to play with. I slapped together a box and through it in, worked fine, it has been up for about 1 month now.....to my point. I have not messed with it until tonight, and i desided to play a little with IIS. The PC was locked and i entered my usual password for the admin to unlock it, did some work, installed somethings and rebooted the box. Now, i Cannot login to the box. Using the same username and pass i just used 5 minutes prior.....

any thoughts? thanks in advance.
    Insert whitty tagline right here.

more than likely, you will have to reinstall it.

Unless you created different accounts on there with admin rights?
    =

I am not worried about reinstall, i am aware that i will have to do that...as much as i dont want to....
    Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know how this might have happened?

AO French Antique News Whore
    Where you using the 180 trial day of the 2003? A Beta who get lock after a while or something? Or this is a 'normal' copy of Windows 2003?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

I am not sure, nothing led me to believe this was a BETA, i recieved it from a buddy of mine.

Developer Extraordinar
    What did you install, or do to it? My copy works fine, mind you I don't often reboot it, but it does work fine when I do.

Peace

MB
    Come to UnError.com

I did run a eval version of Server 2003 once and played around with dates trying to get it to last me more than six months. lol, but it screwed it up and when I tried to log in it told me that my eval period was over and i couldnt' get in to the desktop.

This might be what happened to you.
    =

This actually was a Full Version i just checked it.
    I have wiped it and i am in the process of reinstalling.....
    The only thing that it installed was a Media Player update, that is what did a reboot.
    I am probably being over paranoid on this, i am not sure what it could have been....
    Thanks again to everyone for all of your input on this...