Thread: Color blind? Or Antipoint system change / complicated feature?

Color blind? Or Antipoint system change / complicated feature?

Check out "The Mormons" profile. Two grey dots. Has the antipoint system been changed to allow users more of a chance? (Two grey dots before red instead of one?)

http://www.antionline.com/member.php...&userid=169031

Edited: Thanks Djm. I copied it from Addicts and didnt think about the link.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Don't know what's going on Jarrod, but the link doesn't seem to work for me.

Cheers:
    DjM

AO French Antique News Whore
    Work for me! Two grey dots for him!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

I'm not familiar enough w/the behavior of the AP system to understand this issue. Has it previously been 1 grey dot, and then red after that? Making 2 grey dots appear to be incorrect?

Some info here would be appreciated before I can look into this.

thanks
    - h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Yes, I believe 1 grey dot signifies (or did signify) -100 < AP Total < 0. I've never seen two grey dots before the AP system was reconfigured.

And then a red dot at the -100, -150, and -200 marks.

(I had 2 red dots once)
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Originally posted here by mnstrgrl
    I'm not familiar enough w/the behavior of the AP system to understand this issue. Has it previously been 1 grey dot, and then red after that? Making 2 grey dots appear to be incorrect?

Some info here would be appreciated before I can look into this.

thanks
    - h
    Yes you are correct, but I think that the one grey dot was less than 100 negative antipoints. Its a small issue, but I was just wondering if things had been changed or if this is a "complicated feature" from some other upgrade.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I checked the math in the code, and in fact it should be 1 grey dot for 0 > APs > -100, and then 1 red for -100 > APs > -200. It appears that everyone at this time has one more dot than they're supposed to, whether grey, red or green. The odd thing is that this code didn't change in the recent upgrade, so I'm not sure why this behavior would have changed.

I fixed it so there will be only 1 grey dot before red, but this isn't really the correct solution, which, when applied, will end up giving everyone 1 less dot across the board. I'm still curious what changed though, so I'm not going to apply the truly correct code just yet.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Banned
    The first thing I thought when I saw his antipoints, was that he might have fiddled with his avatar...