AIM Virus?

Thread: AIM Virus?

AIM Virus?

Ok I think my friend has gotten a virus from AIM. She said this happened when she went to view her friends profile and it said "OMG I CANT BELIVE I FOUND A PICTURE OF (her sn here)" so of course she clicked the link. And it took her to a website, and now when she gets online she can sign on AIM and everything but she cannot surf the internet. And her AIM profile has this virus link in hers also. When she tries to open her internet browser and surf the net her computer shuts down. Also if she views her profile her computer will retart after a certain number of minutes. If you could plz explain this or tell me how to fix it i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Banned
    this has also happened to a couple of my friends...i do not know where it origonated..but ill look into it and get back to you

David

Banned
    Does she have a Anti Virus? Scan the computer with it, if not install one and boot into safe mode and then scan it.

also download this:

AIM VIRUS REMOVAL

"Whoa....look what I found, click here"

or

"I can't believe I found 'yourScreenName' Picture here"

If this appeared in your profile and you cant get rid of it, you are infected with a virus. Read on for removal instructions.
    http://www.jayloden.com/VirusClean.htm

http://forums.theideaweb.com/t5084/s.html

hope this helps

thx memory ill give her the links and read bout it for her, thx again

ok thx memory, how stupid am I god that was so easy to get rid of!!! rofl it took me like 1 minute on her computer and it was gone. rofl thx i appreciate it lots man.