Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Start up?

Start up?

Ok./..hyeres the scoop....when i start up my computer ... i get this crptic message like 'patch the leaks, or the ship will sink' . or somthing like ' im getting angry in side here all by my self, i suggest you tell some one about me, if they dont already know'

WTF!

Hate to tell you this, but it sounds like your infected

Gotta love viruses
    =

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Take a look at the Supova worm. Google is yer friend!
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

but..nothing is wrong with any of my programs...maybe its just a teaser bug?

and its been on there for some time...i didnt take any action against it..because i was curiouse...its an old computer

Banned
    I don't know but it could also be a joke virus..

I bet you:

1. Use Kazaa
    2. Don't run updated virus software

Because as Ms. Mittens pointed out, you have the signature of a specific virus.

You owe her a sweety pop.

wrong and wrong

nice try tho miss cleo

What Antivirus program are you running? When was it last updated? Is it in fact running?
    MsM seems to have the answer for you.

Cheers:
    DjM

Originally posted here by WAnKeR
    wrong and wrong

nice try tho miss cleo
    Read it for yourself kid
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source GooGle 1-1000
    Supova internet worm : Win32.Worm.Supova.A
    ... following texts in message boxes: "W32.SuperNova" / "0wned by the blasting star"
    "w32.Supernova" / "Patch the leaks... Or the ship will sink...."And last ...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source GooGle 2-1000
    Symantec Security Response - W32.Supova.C.Worm
    ... This file contains the following text: W32.Supernova -----Patch
    the leaks or the ship will sink ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source GooGle 3-1000
    WORM_SURNOVA.F - Technical details
    ... The text file contains the following strings: W32.Supernova -----Patch
    the leaks or the ship will sink ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source GooGle 4-1000
    F-Secure Computer Virus Information Pages: Supova
    ... 0wned by the blasting star Religion=war Patch the leaks... Or the ship will sink....
    It copies itself to the Windows directory under the following names: ...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source GooGle 5-1000
    Sophos virus analysis: W32/Surnova-B
    ... digits. The text file contains the text. W32.Supernova - Ban religion
    Patch the leaks or the ship will sink. Recovery. Please ...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source GooGle 6-1000
    Sophos virus analysis: W32/Surnova-A
    ... The text file contains the text "W32.Supernova Patch the leaks or the ship will
    sink".
    Recovery. Please read the instructions for removing worms. ...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source GooGle

Wanker, did you even go to the link MsM provided you with? It clearly states that the message "Patch the leaks or the ship will sink" is the sig of the Supova worm! Correct me if i am wrong, but just because a virus is most commonly recieved through Kazaa doesnt mean you couldnt have gotten it somewhere else. What about the following do you not understand?

Because as Ms. Mittens pointed out, you have the signature of a specific virus.
    From Symantec's Web site...
    The W32.Supova.C.Worm displays the following message:

Title: Just checkin' the walls...
    When was the last virus scan you did? just to see, scan again. If nothing comes up, update your virus definitions and scan again. If that still comes clean, then i'm out of ideas.

slick

[edit] hey !mitaion rust, i guess we kinda crossed posts...curses!!! i would have been first if it werent for those nosey kids [/edit]
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller