Thread: Connection problem

Question Connection problem

I was woundering if u seen a ip address on lets say netstat. Is there a way that u could kill that ip of kill that connection so that there not connected to your computer. Or if they where useing nbtstat on yea and yea knew there ip if u could disconnect them some how.

Thanks in advance
    EHU

Block it with your firewall...? I'm thinking, though, if someone is already connected to your computer, you have bigger issues...could you maybe explain your situation a little more?

I don't know of any way to legally terminate a connection on a remote computer... but I don't know Schizznit,

Banned
    Either temporarily stop the service associated with it, or put up a firewall and config it to only block certain ip's that you don't want. Also, it could just be you connecting to a website, in that case just close your browser. You could also pull your network plug. But yeah, if I feel that something bad is happening when I look at netstat, I generally stop the service and block at the firewall. I have a hardware firewall, so I just go into the web config and set it to close that virtual server pointing to whatever service. That should do you just fine. There is also probably a program that allows you to monitor who is connected to your computer and kill there connection, try a google search. If there is no program like that, there darn well should be, and I would like to have it. Good luck.

You need to shut down the program that normally listens on that port

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/services.htm
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

My freind keeps hacking into my computer i am not sure how i know it is not with nbtstat casue i got that blocked or with a trojin did a verus scan. But i know his ip and it keeps coming up in my netstat. I dont have a firewall to cheap to buy one.
    EHU

The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com