Linux Distro

Thread: Linux Distro

Linux Distro

As a tried and true Windows guru, I'd like to learn Linux.
    Any suggestions on what distro I should download??

Go check out www.distrowatch.com it helped me search for the Linux I was wanting. Asking which is the best Linux is not a good question, but rather which Linux is right for you? Check out ALL the options and hear other open opinions of your fellow peers of what they like and dislike of each version on their type of system. Hope the Link has helped you out. Oh, one more link that could help is this Linux Newbie search on Google
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

Banned
    IMHO, Suse 9 owns. Also get Knoppix-std from www.knoppix-std.org and many distros are at www.linuxiso.org

edit
    Originally posted here by !mitationRust
    http://www.linuxiso.org/finddistro.php

Libranet or SuSE

Anyone else second that motion.
    I also have libranet but haven't tried it yet, I think suse 9 over libranet though, it is just so easy for a first timer. Good luck.

Banned
    http://www.linuxiso.org/finddistro.php

Libranet or SuSE

Anyone else second that motion.

I also have libranet but haven't tried it yet, I think suse 9 over libranet though, it is just so easy for a first timer. Good luck.
    Yes as soon as I do a reinstall on my dual boot Im going to put SuSE (back)on it but on some of my boxes are still going to be running that libranet with the apt -get . Yast on SuSE is a force to be reckoned with though. They both are good for the first timer. I would think.