Mac OS in Windows?

Thread: Mac OS in Windows?

Mac OS in Windows?

i heard about installing mac os to windows environment using virtual pc. but it need some software named "conversion plus". i think that software just want to convert mac file system to windows file sys. so here i need prove that would be true..
    Lord Xavier,
    Cyberdelia Technologies,
    (Wholly owned by Cyberdelia Group).

Convert files from your Mac to PC with Conversions Plus. Open, view, print and convert virtually any file no matter where they come from, e.g., Word, Excel, WordPerfect, Lotus 1-2-3, ClarisWorks/AppleWorks, etc. The Conversions Plus Suite includes Attachment Opener AND MacOpener. Don't get caught with a file you can't open!
    i guess it's true.

The software wont actually let u run Mac OS X on an x86 machine, but rather it will let you open Mac formatted files instead. So you could for example open a Mac text file, or a Mac tar file.
    The only way to get Mac OS X to run in any way on an x86 machine at the moment is by using Darwin.
    Darwin is the UNIX bed that OS X has been built upon, and it is possible to get this running on an x86, it doesnt have any GUI however, but technically is the whole underlying of the OS X system.
    More information on this is available at

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Well you can run Mac OS. Just depends on which OS.

From the Macintosh/Windows integration page they have a page dedicated to emulators:

This open source project goes as far as 7.5.5 (stable too!):

And one I remember was SoftMac (goes up to OS 8):
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage