soundMax weird problem in XP

Thread: soundMax weird problem in XP

soundMax weird problem in XP

when I play music using media palyer, it comes message:cant play since there is a problem with sound device. I checked device manager, everything is working properly. I even removed the sound card and uninstalled driver then put it back, but still same.

when I try to open volume control, it shows a message:there are no active mixer device available. I thought it maybe some spyware is using my sound device since I only hear some radio noise when I touch the speaker. So I did Norton and Adaware, and didnt find any virus or trojan.

Then I mumma and google Internet, I found some posts about exact same problem, but there is no answer on solving the problem, the only suggestion is system restore or reinstall XP.

Also some other problems:
    1. When I try to enable XP ICF(Internet Connection Firewall), it says: the dependency service or group failed to start. Maybe I stopped some service? I played service.msc a bit.
    2. I can not enable the switch user option, only can log off.

So I hope my writing is making sense to you, and I could get some help.

Thanks.

sorry if it's not related security issue

after I post the message, I realized that it maybe a hardware resources problem such as IRQs, IO port addresses, and so on. So I appologize if this thread should not in this place.

If so, please simply delete it and please don't send me any message such as "you made a big mistake" or "do you want to be removed".

I just joined this forum a few days ago.

Banned
    Ok you can always hit edit on your post. Then at the top of the menu check the box that says delete this post .Then scroll down save changes. So it will not be on the front page/board

thanks, but I still hope

hope someone could help me with those problems.

Banned
    Ok try a Different PCI slot ...........Give all the spec's on the sound card.

Hi Mike,

Don't worry about where the post should be.......if you knew that, you would probably have the answer yourself

Two things come to mind:

Does your motherboard have built in sound?
    Have you disabled/deleted this before trying to use the sound card?

Cheers

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    mikema, if you put a thread in the wrong place, just send a note to myself or Negative and ask us to move it to the correct one.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

thanks!

Thanks for all the reply, I will do some more research on that during Christmas.