Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return of the King - What did you think.

Return of the King - What did you think.

It is 3:45am on the eastern united states and I just got back from the first showing of The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I enjoyed the movie although was upset that they deviated so much from the novel. I know it's not really computer related, let alone security related, but I'm sure some of the other nerds around this site have also seen the movie by now. My question is: what do you think of it?

DeafLamb

Going to see it tonight at 8pm PST. I figured they would of taken parts of the book out like the Scouring of the Shire (because Galadriel did not give Sam the earth from Lothlorien in the giving of the gifts scene in the first movie) and stuff, but how did it deviate from the book otherwise?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Banned
    Hey hey, peoplee, no spoilers please, i didn't watch it yet.

I saw the previews for the movie, and the effects look cool. But remember, the book is almost always better than the movie. I really wanna see Bad Santa.

Banned
    I seen it today, its only out here today place was packed but it was really good. Long ass film though, 3hrs plus I think took up most of my day anyway, well worth it though.

Amazing battle sequences oh and that spidey, oh so scary!

Banned
    I really wanna see Bad Santa.
    i watched it. It's a fu*king hillarious movie. I think you'll love it Drunk on Duvel.

remember this: Can i fix you some sandwiches?

Originally posted here by Ennis
    I seen it today, its only out here today place was packed but it was really good. Long ass film though, 3hrs plus I think took up most of my day anyway, well worth it though.

Amazing battle sequences oh and that spidey, oh so scary!
    The extended edition will be even better with more footage.

FOTR Extended Edition: 23 minutes extra..
    TTT Extended Edition: 42 minutes extra...
    TRTK Extended Edition: ????

Hopefully they add an hour or so extra...The review I read also said that "The battle outside the walls of Minas Tirith puts the battle of Helm's Deep to shame. "

Wohooo!! I cant wait!
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Banned
    Thats true, you wont believe your eyes for the battle sequences, the sheer scale of it all!

Wait till you see the Elephant thing/Legolas sequence, personal fave.

The elephant sequence with legolas is awesome. I personally didn't like the way they did the sam, gollum and shelob subplot, remember all the details when sam where's the ring and all. Also the way the dealed with gandalf going to orthanc to deal with sauraman was much better in the novel.

DeafLamb

We had people who came dressed as orcs and elves. I was tempted to
    bring my axe. I couldn't resist the need to choke up and cry several times.
    What an experience!
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.