Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Classified Material: New variation on the Nigerian Letter?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Classified Material: New variation on the Nigerian Letter?

I'm so easily amused by stuff. This was entitled "Classified Material" (I had to open it, of course). Sigh. Total silliness IMHO. Who wants to reply?

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:56:41 +0000 (GMT)
    Subject: Classified Material
    To: msmittens@msmittens.com
    Message-id: <0HQ100434D20V5@wmsu21.tfn.net.tw>
    MIME-version: 1.0
    Content-type: text/plain;
    charset=us-ascii
    Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
    X-Priority: 3
    X-Status: N
    X-KMail-EncryptionState:
    X-KMail-SignatureState:

GOOD DAY,
    MY NAME IS NOT IMPORTANT FOR NOW.
    WHAT I HAVE MAY BE OF INTEREST TO YOU. IT IS A BUSINESS PROPOSAL THAT WILL
    BE BENEFICIAL TO YOU AND I. I LIVE IN WOODSTOCK, ONTARIO, CANADA. I AM 46
    YEARS OLD AND I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN A BANK IN ONTARIO FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS
    WHERE I AM AN ACCOUNTS MANAGER. I WILL GIVE YOU MY FULL DETAILS ON YOUR
    REPLY TO THIS LETTER.
    MY AIM OF CONTACTING YOU IS TO SOLICIT YOUR CO-OPERATION AND ASSISTANCE BASED
    ON AN ACCOUNT UNDER MY MANAGEMENT CONTAINING $12M (TWELVE MILLION DOLLARS)
    WHICH HAS REMAINED DORMANT FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS. THIS CCOUNT WAS OWNED BY
    THE LATE MRS. LETICIA CARABAS AND FOLLOWING MY INVESTIGATION, I FOUND OUT
    THAT SHE DIED ON MAY 1992 VIA A CAR CRASH IN THE BAHAMAS AND SHE LEFT NO
    CHILDREN OR NEXT OF KIN. I WILL INFORM YOU MORE ON HOW WE CAN GET THE MONEY
    IN HER ACCOUNT TRANSFERED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU AGREE TO CO-OPERATE WITH
    ME ON THIS ON YOUR REPLY TO THIS MAIL. I WILL ALSO GIVE YOU MORE PERSONAL
    DETAILS OF ME AND THE TRANSACTION ON YOUR REPLY. PLEASE TREAT THIS AS
    CONFIDENTIAL,URGENT AND OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE.
    YOURS SINCERELY,
    ME
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

lol, indeed so funny, I would reply, just to see how the guy further reacts, could be fun...
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

For a start the people in question say they are in Canada but the have a yahoo.co.in email address which we all no that .co.in is India and if they were in Canada it would be .ca and all the caps doesent make it believable in any way *sighs* there will be some one who will fall for it there is always those homers of the world perhaps you could report the address to yahoo and tell them that it is being used to solicit scams throught the net zone-h.org had a instance with the Nigerian scam here is a link if you want a look see link !

Ahh well tommorow another scam will be dreamed up its sad that people could actually be duped out of there hard earned cash maybe ISP should have a general intelligence test before they let people sign up for an account with them
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Teehee.. for giggles, I replied..

Ok.. so what do you want from me?
    I expect this would be a "hook, line and sinker" response.. .. And I'll let everyone know what the response to that is.

Well, that all said, there is some facts to consider:

- Just because the address is .in doesn't mean the person isn't in Canada (however, a trace of the address shows it to come out of Singapore?!)

- In Canada, if someone dies without an estate and/or there is a "forgotten" bank account (over 10 years I believe), anyone can go and claim the funds (less taxes of course). So to the greedy, this kind of thing would be "found money"
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

- In Canada, if someone dies without an estate and/or there is a "forgotten" bank account (over 10 years I believe), anyone can go and claim the funds (less taxes of course). So to the greedy, this kind of thing would be "found money"
    So the poeple have at least done there home work and the Singapore address could be a proxy who knows *shrugs* can these people be prosecuted in there country for acts like this ? has there been actual proof of people falling for these and being ripped off ? the really sad thing is if any of them did get caught prosecuted (etc) there will be some one waiting in line to take over and the process start's all over again
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Banned
    It sounds like a cheesy scam, attempting to get you content and confadent with in them ("Me")
    And evenhalily getting there Bank account details, coursing the victom a loss, not a gain.

Tho it is just a thought, and it is just my thought at that.

Nightfalls_Girl

Just Another Geek
    Check out Scam-o-rama if you want to know more about those 419 scams.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

LOL, I have the best site of them all.

http://www.sweetchillisauce.com

This guy actually strings these people along as far as he can. And in some cases makes them end up paying.

Wow! Thats some deal! You can't pass that one up... MsM. I took the liberty of replying for you. Now... be sure to toss a couple of bucks my way when they transfer all that money to you.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.