Thread: Virus of This Week

Banned

Virus of This Week

Hi.
    Which virus do you think has been the hottest this week?

hmm. I think the flu, we seem to be all out of vacinations here on the east cost. How bout everyone else? I here people are starting to pay big bucks for the needle in their arm.

DeafLamb

here is a link to Panda SOftware take alook there

http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/map/map.htm

Deaflamb...............what you need is "statutory sick pay"..........gives you an extra 4 weeks vacations a year

Ali........check your firewall logs................SoBig & Blaster.....................still a lot of infected boxes out there...

Cheers

hmm. I think the flu, we seem to be all out of vacinations here on the east cost. How bout everyone else? I here people are starting to pay big bucks for the needle in their arm.
    though a bit tongue-in-cheek, Deaflamb is right. The first person in jersey died from it yesterday. hell, people will probably pay anything to get one of those its the flu shot mafia .

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

SoBig & Blaster.....................still a lot of infected boxes out there...
    Don't forget Klez.

Still seeing constant Klez emails going around - especially the 'japanesse girl vs playboy' variant around here...

RRP

Nachi/Welchia virus is still going strong. We had a recent incidnet within my company where an outside vendor/contractor came in to the marketing department and helped himseld to a data port in a conference room. Of course none of the marketing folks saw anything wrong with this. Fortunately we tracked the individual down within a couple of hours and removed him from the network. Unfortunately the damage was already done. Two infected servers and one workstation. Interestingly, one of the servers had Norton running on it but still got infected. Got it all cleaned up today and sent out some informational/instructional e-mails to staff about connecting devices to the network.

Life is good again.

I got lazy..

Tired of checking as many Av companies as possable.. I slapped together a page and d/l some js from a a few of the companies..
    I then had a Warnings list (that is current stuff)
    Recent hoaxes
    Top 10 virii
    etc

Some of you have a better imagination or better links but that was my start..

Check Here

pse I am not a HTML expert.. just lazy in getting quick info..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr