Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto-Banned?

Auto-Banned?

I saw a post and it said the user status was Auto-banned? what is this? is it a bug, or some new feature no one posted in the new features forum yet?

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It's neither. The user was banned by intmon and that's what appears under the name.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    then why can they still post under that account?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Which user are you referring to?

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

I believe slick was referring to creative_32X_mx's account.

A search for posts from creative_32X_mx shows nothing since Dec18, so I don't think this user is still able to post. Please let me know if that isn't the case, and I'll look into it.

- h

Banned
    Actually this was a long PM discussion with creative and ratman and stuff, but creative asked intmon to give him back his ratman2 account so intmon did and banned his creativemx32 account. And it was autobanned, but after a period of time he could post with it again, and he started double posting (post with Ratman2 and then reply with creative) so i PM'ed intmon and he abnned that account again, so it's good now.

A similar thing has recently occured with another user, and I think it may warrant creation of another user type: "disabled" or something along those lines. This would be a login which is no longer active, but not because the user did something to merit being banned. It would also mean the account would not become active again after any temporary span of time. I'll bring this up w/intmon.

- h

Hi mnstrgirl, hope you had a nice Christmas and New Year, and now I'm going to dump another issue w/ auto-banning into your lap No rest for the weary, eh?

It would appear that auto-banned members are still able to access the addicts forum, specifically in this case Ratman2, as discussed in this thread:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...334#post705880

IMO that would be a bug. However, I'm not sure what the JupM take on it is, I just thought I'd bring it up.

Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to bring up the Drunk on Duvel account. Since Jack asked to have that account closed, it seems to me that maybe your previous suggestion of "disabled" might be better, because "auto-banned" implies some sort of bad behavior on the part of the member, when in this case, it wasn't a forum behavioral issue at all, simply a request made by a member.

Thanks
    Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Originally posted here by debwalin
    It would appear that auto-banned members are still able to access the addicts forum, specifically in this case Ratman2, as discussed in this thread:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...334#post705880
    IMO that would be a bug. However, I'm not sure what the JupM take on it is, I just thought I'd bring it up.
    Now that's some funny stuff..
    (Insert Sarcasm Here).
    Now wouldn't it be a wonderful place if people knew what the Heck they were blabbering on about, instead of jumping to conclusions why don't people come to the Sorce Ie: "ME"
    And just ask how i'm getting access to the Addicts forum..??
    Now wouldn't that be a better idea?
    Anyhow i reported this bug to an Admin a fair while back, and it looks like there's nothing been done about it..
    So it's up to JupMedia wether or not they can fix this bug, and if they "Still" don't have a clue on what there doing then i'd be more then happy to "Fix" this problem myself..
    Just my thought on the whole subject..

cheers
    Office