Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: God Bless America!!!

So close to Chrirtmas and people still have to have this up yours mind set. Come on folks, be kind and help each other. We got all next year to nag each other to death. Smile, take a deep breath, and relax. Take a chill pill. Be happy.That's it, take your figure off the nag button, release the greene. See, doesn't that feel better? Sure it does.

Marry CHRISTmas

Freddy
    cybnut

Originally posted here by rcgreen
    http://ingeb.org/songs/godsaveo.html
    That song is sung maybe once a year though. You certainly don't see any Brits starting threads saying 'God save the Queen' like the Yanks do with 'God bless America', even though it's our national anthem.

And I stand by my point of differentiating between patrioticism and fanaticism.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by pwaring

And I stand by my point of differentiating between patrioticism and fanaticism.
    Within the UK there is an amazing mix of cultures, religions etc, and although there can be quite definite difference of opinions coming from the various communities and nations within the Uk, I feel that there is more that unites, rather than divides us. I honestly can't say that there is much if any fanaticism around, and although you English know how we feel,you also know it is more in jest, than anything, and you also expect it of us

Just as an as an afterthought, most of the people that I know are very anti Bush / Blair, and anti American at present

I don't really know why I've added this, but my favourite national anthems are Italian, German, and Irish. I like the tunes
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Originally posted here by jm459
    Within the UK there is an amazing mix of cultures, religions etc, and although there can be quite definite difference of opinions coming from the various communities and nations within the Uk, I feel that there is more that unites, rather than divides us. I honestly can't say that there is much if any fanaticism around, and although you English know how we feel,you also know it is more in jest, than anything, and you also expect it of us
    Yeah, we all love the Scots, but you seem to hate us...

Just as an as an afterthought, most of the people that I know are very anti Bush / Blair, and anti American at present
    It doesn't surprise me to be honest. However, I find it somewhat ironic that the one time I actually agree with something Blair has done (going to war with Iraq, although not for the reasons he gave), everyone criticises him even more!

I don't really know why I've added this, but my favourite national anthems are Italian, German, and Irish. I like the tunes
    I can't usually match anthems to countries, but I think God save the Queen and Rule Britannia (although it's not strictly our anthem) does make me feel proud to be British whenever it's played.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by pwaring
    Yeah, we all love the Scots, but you seem to hate us...
    Only re footbal,rugby,cricket, tiddlywinks etc.

BTW, like your web site.

If you are finding Uni, too easy, I'm not, so please donate all you free time to me
    I've got end of semester exams in Jan

But, then again, I'm not young, dashing and good looking, like you

I'm an old(mature, like blue stilton) grumpy student, with reserved place at front of class,due to hearing, sight problems etc
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Banned
    Originally posted here by Abtronic
    No no no, all wrong! Its "God bless us all, each and every one!"

Oh, and lets not forget:

"Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings"

How about NO, he can go and bless every one that wonts to be, but NOT ME, i do not beleave in him, he is a myth, Hay every one had there say now it is my turn.

Nightfalls_Girl

Im going to assume you have never seen nor heard of "A christmas carol" and "It's a wonderful life".

Out of curiosity, was your post supposed to spark controversy or something? The "i do not beleave in him" posts are generally found in Cosmos, if you ever wish to curse them with your presence.

Hm, just noticed something; "he can go and bless every one he wonts to be, but NOT ME". Thought he was 'just a myth'..

Remember the reason for the season

Banned
    you mean the fairy tail, Im not in to xmas easter ect, I grew up with them all, HE is a myth, that is what i beleave, just as cyclops and madusa, thor, ect are myths

Nightfalls_Girl

I imagine a brick wall would care more than I do, Nightfalls_Girl. Tell you what; I'll give you a nice, *shiny* quarter if you go away..

Banned
    How about no.

Nightfalls_Girl