Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honest opnion

Blast From the Past

honest opnion

what would u do if u found out u cant go to MIT because ur parents bought weed insted of contributing to ur college funds?
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

They're protecting you from the evil influence of the corrupt
    educational establishment. One day you will thank them.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Work my ass of to be sure that I didn't do that to my kids. Which is exactly what my husband has done. Not that I don't have sympathy for you, because I think that's awful, but it can be overcome. There are people who have overcome the exact same kind of upbringing.

Is there anyway you could try to get a scholarship? Not neccesarily to MIT, but to anyplace? Just because MIT may not be possible for you now doesn't mean you should give up. It may suck for a few years, but find a job, find a school, and work your ass off to better yourself. Then you can say you did it yourself, without their help, and prove to yourself that just because they chose that way of life doesn't mean you have to.

*hugs*
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

This is not an appropriate comment but heck here I go:
    You can become a dealer yourself and sell weed to your parents, that way they pay MIT indirect.

Seriously: I think debwalin has said it.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Regal Making Handler
    I doubt they could have brought enough weed to stop you going to MIT. Have you been exepted and your parents not afford to let you go? Most of us parents work are asses off all our lives and we all need to unwind from time to time. Some have a hobby like scuba diving or rock climbing, both of these can be expensive would you still ask the same question if they had blown there free cash on one of these?

If your parents cant raise the cash do it yourself, Get a job as many jobs as it takes to raise enough money. If you realy want it you will and can do it.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

well if i wasn't smart enough to get there without my parents money well i guess i just wasn't smart enough.

parents are people and theirs no law saying that anyone has to do without for someone else. kids included. if your parents do go without for you consider yourself very lucky. if the money they spent on pot was the only 'spare' money they had then dont you think expecting them to pay for MIT would be asking just a little too much of them.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Blast From the Past
    i can get some college funds from scholarships but my college acount is at 207.83$
    that might buy me a book or 2

Go into debt like a lot of people do. That's why the loans are there.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Why do you think your parents owe you college?

a lot of us overcame the lack of college funding through loans, GI Bill, work, tuition reimbursement etc etc.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Blast From the Past
    i dont expect them to pay my college but im just mad that they left me s**t when i no they are able to pay some
    mom is a manager making 22.45 an hour and dad is a macanic making 24.54 an hour(about that is if he hits garintie which is rarely)and are bills are really low to
    just seems a little unfair but thats life