Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How well protected are you?

Trinity : when you say wiped your HD what do you mean. Did you do a complete format and reinstal of everything? Is your firewall configured correctly?? Have you got an AVP (anti-virus prog) in place and have you done a complete scan? have you checked for trojans with something like the cleaner??
    Have you checked for any open ports on your PC?

v_Ln

more information please!!!!!!!!!!
    does he still have physical access to it?(if he does check users in control panel set them to limited acount or delete ones you dont recognize.(you can do this going to control panel/users or control panel/administrative tools/computer managment/local users and groups( in left)/users
    which operating system you use?
    do you use password?
    did you put administrative password when install?
    its a lot of ways he/she can brake in your pc
    be little bit more specific please

Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.
    Who's the man? ME! I'm lovin' it.

Shields up sucks. There are better ones, but the only reliable one I'v found, altho not web-based is Nessus.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Talking passed the test

just passed the test thx

have a nice day
    have fun and ride safe

bmw r90 s

just ran the sygate scan for the first time and everything was blocked.

grc came back stealth as well. i guess kerio personal firewall does a pretty good job.

I am running Windows 98. I have McAfee Virus protection, McAfee Cleaner, McAfee firewall, and Zone Alarm Pro. I have a hard disk pass word and one user name for windows.

I use AOL as my ISP and then I tried Anonymizer.com.

I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled everything fresh and he still got in.

He did initially have physical access to my computer but now he doesn't.

I tried to configure everything properly.

This guy hacks into my computer no matter what I do.

Thanks for the link! It would appear that I've got quite a bit of work to do!

All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

Unsolicited Packets: PASSED — No Internet packets of any sort were received from your system as a side-effect of our attempts to elicit some response from any of the ports listed above. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system remained wisely silent. (Except for the fact that not all of its ports are completely stealthed as shown below.)

Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) — Your system REPLIED to our Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since "Ping" is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems prior to further exploitation.

TruStealth: FAILED - NOT all tested ports were STEALTH,
    - NO unsolicited packets were received,
    - A PING REPLY (ICMP Echo) WAS RECEIVED.
    Oh well, back to reading until my eyes bleed.

Labchick64
    Labchick64\'s Law:
    If anything can go wrong, It will
    And ALWAYS when I\'m alone and
    have NO clue how to fix the damned thing.

Banned
    Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

Its always nice when you get that, long time since I ran ShieldsUp considering it was one of the first things I was directed to at AO that scared me.

i just ran the tests and got perfect too but i was interested what would happen if i took down tiny... two simple clicks later, i retested and boy did i fail... thank god for tiny's great firewall... =)

with tiny:
    without tiny:
    Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED) — As detailed in the port report below, one or more of your system's ports actively responded to our deliberate attempts to establish a connection. It is generally possible to increase your system's security by hiding it from the probes of potentially hostile hackers. Please see the details presented by the specific port links below, as well as the various resources on this site, and in our extremely helpful and active user community.

Unsolicited Packets: PASSED — No Internet packets of any sort were received from your system as a side-effect of our attempts to elicit some response from any of the ports listed above. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system remained wisely silent. (Except for the fact that not all of its ports are completely stealthed as shown below.)

Ping Echo: PASSED — Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests) from our server.
    =) tiny is great! =)