Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help needed to use a pc as a firewall

Originally posted here by chsh
    A P/90 is AMPLE power for even a small network. I had a 486 DX-4/100 for a long time as my router/fw, and it even did complicated things like NAT, and remote syslogging.

Netfilter/Ipchains are only as good as the person configuring them. Generally, for a home user, those canned scripts will be enough.
    Chris, I live right by the border to Canada and can go over there usually whenever I want. Do you know if anyone in Canada still sells older machine like that? I'd like to get a hold of one but here they don't come along very often because people throw them away thinking they no longer have a use.

Banned
    so get your fat arse into a dumpster, fat arse

Ninja Code Monkey
    I agree that a p90 should have ample power to act as a gateway/firewall for a small network.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Tyfona de se blepo kala!!!!!Tin poytsises......Hey:gamietai h microsoft!!!De me katalave kanenas....xoxoxoxoxoxoxo