Makeshift Spellchecker - please use!

Thread: Makeshift Spellchecker - please use!

Makeshift Spellcheker - please use!

Hey there.

Over the last few... ohhh.. 6 months, it has become apparent that certain members of this board have skipped their countries education system, and are rather inept at what we would call "basic English".

In addition to this, these certain members do not seem to use a spell checker. Now, im sure that there is a perfectly good reason for this, like they cant find one, they are unable to download one, they are allergic to them, so on and so forth - which is where my massive stroke of genius comes into play.

Now, these certain members have a lot of posts under their belt. If we examine these certain members further, the bulk of these posts seem to be in GCC. From this we can conclude two things;

i. These certain members have access to GCC, and nothing short of an act of God will change this.
    ii. These certain members are likely to view anything posted in GCC within 2 seconds of its posting

So lets take another look at the situation; certain members, who for some reason do not have access to a spell checker, often post in something that resembles a different language in GCC - a forum that they are rather fond of.
    Solution? Post an English reference thread on GCC!

No longer will you poor "certain members" have to wander aimlessly around GCC, NO LONGER will your flaming and trolling be laughed at due to atrocious spelling. Before you post in the non-sens.. uh, the General chit chat forum, please cross reference your post with this list. Thankyou

(In no particular order)

shoure = sure
    flaming = flaming
    neging = negging
    neged = negged
    week = weak
    weak = week
    if = of
    of = if
    ahapponed = happened
    be tweeen = between
    evean = even
    seniour = senior
    sence = sense
    in volved = involved
    aliance = alliance
    baned = banned
    sight[e] = site
    site = sight
    acction = action
    parthetic = pathetic
    incast = in case
    dam = damn
    teh = the
    u = you
    dnot = don't, do not
    no = know
    mi = me
    becouse = because
    tho = though
    saye = say
    widnda = Antionline
    soled = sold
    proble = probably
    alcahole = alcohol
    compart te = sorry, I have no idea wtf this means
    youre = you're, your
    lern = learn (something these "certain members" forgot to do)
    defanitiob = definition
    sarcasum = sarcasm
    thay = they

Well, this is by no means a definitive list - it could continue unto infinity. But hey, it's a start! No longer will certain members cry out in vain "Alas! I cannot download a spellchecker! Woe is me! Woe!".
    Another thread created for the improvment of our community.

eh, very 'makeshit', whoops, I meant makeshift, heh.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

LOL.. What makes it even funnier is that there is a spell check button to the right of the submit and preview reply buttons.. I don't know if it works.. I view using that as I would regard reading the directions on how to assemble something.. NEVER.. it's beneath my dignity.

flaming = flaming

Are you reffering to NFG? You kind of get used to her spelling after a period of time, and i don't think this will stop her or any other memeber, still nice thread.

Oh you forgot the one from Ennis's last signature.

parcificly = specifically

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Flint, MI
    I wanted to make the flaming = flaming post
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I fixed your thread title, Abtronic... I figured that a title saying "spellcheker" in a thread about spell checkers looked kind of goofy

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by Negative
    I fixed your thread title, Abtronic... I figured that a title saying "spellcheker" in a thread about spell checkers looked kind of goofy
    Deliberate mistake. Just testing to see if you would notice

And you did
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

I wrote 'spellcheker'? Jesus tap dancing christ, i thought i checked that at least 5 times.

Oh, the irony. Anyways, no real need for this thread anymore; in case you didnt pick it up "certain members" = NFG. Cos she cant spell. Get it? Ha ha.

Merry christmas

U DTON NO ME!!!!!11!!1!!

Sorry I missed this before.

One more to add:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Spell errors?

I have never noticed such an error here. AO members write very well, I consider.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--