Thread: Can Still Assign AP's To Auto-Banned Accounts

Can Still Assign AP's To Auto-Banned Accounts

I just tested this, and it is still possible to assign AP's to an Auto-banned account. I don't know if it's meant to be this way, but this could certainly be abused to balance out assignments.

IIRC, you cannot assign AP's to a antipoint-banned account. This should probably be the same.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Banned
    I just tried it and it workes for me too. This should be removed. But till they remove that bug go crazy with your negative AP's. j/k

yep still works- I just swung my 'tends to assign' less green by 2% - something i've been trying to do for ages as I don't give out many reds

I figure it doesn't hurt anyone since said members have been banned but I guess it should be closed <in time>

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

You used to be able to do this with "normally" banned accounts as well, I think JP's reasoning was that he might want to re-enable the accounts at some time if the members in question redeemed themselves.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

(Tossing in tidbits of past expirence)
    For a time this (assigning points) was possible in closed threads, but I shot JP a PM back then and I think he took care of it. I asked if a thread could be reincarnated with that technique (give greenies to suicide threads) but never heard any response... I would think it isn't possible though. Never tried it though...

It seems to me that APs should be assigned based on the value of a post, rather than on the value of the user. If the opposite were the case, APs would be assigned to users rather than to their posts. Considered in that light, there's some value in being able to assign APs to posts which were made by a user who is banned at the time of the assignment... of course, if the main purpose of APs is to use as an indicator of the value of a user, it's a pointless act to assign APs after a user is banned, since the user's already gone.

I don't think I'm going to do anything about this at this time. More discussion please. Let me know how you guys feel about this.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Banned
    It's nothin big to be concerned about really. If somebody feels that he/she needs to balance out (why would they need that) their AP's assigment bar, the can neg banned accounts. Would be a stupid resason though. Better neg dead accounts then currents members.